4

FOUR - MOTHERS LOVE

~

~WHEN LAENA reads the letter from Laenor she slightly sighs she knew another bastard was born into this world, she had always wondered why Rhaenyra would allow her children to be talked about like that, but under that letter was a letter from Princess Aemma Velaryon. She opened the letter carefully not to rip it.

Dear Aunt Laena,

I wish I could see you; I know you are pregnant, and I wish you the best. I wish for you and Daemon to receive a boy this birth. Talking about your children, I hope Baela and Rhaena is doing well, they have always been my favorite cousins. Please tell them I miss them and can't wait to see them again. I also have news on my mother, she has given birth to another boy, he is so adorable. I was there during the birth, so I feel very close to the lad.

I love you,
From Aemma

Laena had smiled at herself, Aemma being her only niece, she was spoiled by Laena. On Aemma's fifth name day Laena had gifted her 5 pieces of gold earrings. They all were worth so much, but Aemma cherished them with love. Aemma loved her aunt so much, she was told many times that she looked so much like her.

"Mother." Baela called out as she entered the room with her pregnant mother. "What are you doing?"

"Your cousin Aemma has written. She wishes me to tell you that she misses you." Laena said Baela had smiled at that. Something about Aemma was different to the seven kingsdoms, she was the most loved. "Rhaenyra has given birth to another son."

"I wonder what it like." Baela said, Laena's eyebrows furrowed together with pure confusion on her face.

"What ever do you mean Baela?" Laena asked with a laugh. Baela had turned her head towards her mother with a smile.

"I mean Aemma has all brothers, I know she has always wanted a sister, so I was wondering if she could come live with us." Baela said, Laena had smiled at the idea but held her daughter close.

"Aemma loves her brothers very much, and even if she wanted to live with us, Rhaenyra would never ever let her go." Laena said as she stroked her daughters head with a smile.

-

Most women would not let their kids hear about the wars or even let their children step into the council meetings, but Rhaenyra had loved Aemma's comfort when she had brought her to the council's meetings. Aemma just sat there as the grown ups had talked about the wars, mostly she had been zoned out.

"Let us be finished." Alicent said which snapped Aemma back, Aemma was about to stand up until her mothers voice had made her sit down.

"Wait. I wish to speak." Rhaenyra said, Alicent had rolled her eyes until she had made eye contact with Aemma, who she had smiled at.

"Be seated." Viserys said as he started breathing, while Alicent had also been standing with Rhaenyra.

"I have felt the... strife... between our families of late, my queen. And for any offense given by mine, I apologize. But we are one house. And long before that, we were friends. My daughter Aemma will inherit the Iron Throne after me. I propose we betroth her to your son, Aegon, and then Jacaerys will inherit driftmark so I also purpose we marry him to your daughter Helaena. Ally ourselves... once and for all. Let them rule together." Rhaenyra explained. Alicent had nodded as Aemma had kept a smile on her face.

"A most judicious proposition." Viserys said as Alicent Kept on nodding.

"Additionally, if Syrax brings forth another clutch of eggs, your son Aemond will have his choice of them, uh a symbol of our goodwill." Rhaenyra said with a smile. Alicent was thinking very deeply about this until she looked up at Rhaenyra and noticed that she was producing milk.

"Rhaenyra..." Alicent said as she hinted for Rhaenyra too look down, when Rhaenyra had done so she immediately covered herself and sat down.

"You are right about Aemma and Aegon and I have chose to agree with that I think that they will be great with one another, but I have already chosen for Helaena and Aemond to marry." Alicent said, Rhaenyra had looked over at Aemma was smiling and blushing at her seat . "You must rest now, husband." Alicent said as Viserys agreed with a smile, Alicent had helped the king us while Rhaenyra and Aemma had left the meeting with a smile on their faces.

"Are you happy now sweet girl?" Rhaenyra asked as they stopped in the hall.

"I always have been happy here mother, what are you taking about?" Aemma asked confused, Rhaenyra had made herself Aemma's height which she was on her knees.

"I have seen your face when you noticed that Joffrey had brown hair, I know I should not been with Harwin and that had put a bad name on yours and mine title as the princesses of the realm, so I wanted to do something for you. You have been strong always hearing the seven kingdoms calling your brothers bastards and saying things about you." Rhaenyra said which made Aemma smile at her mother who was now holding her hands.

"I love my brother, I have stayed strong for them because I want them to know that everything will be okay when they get older, and I also stayed strong for you because I don't want you to think that no one is on your side because of my brothers birth dad." Aemma explained with a smile.

"I love Aemma more than I can show." Rhaenyra said as both of them had hugged in the hall.

"I love you too mom." Aemma said as she clutched onto her mother.