8

EIGHT - THE DREAM

~

 ~THE THRONE was a thing Rhaenys Targaryen wanted actually it was the thing every Targaryen wanted. After Aemma visited her mother, she put on a blue cloak to go outside in the gardens. The time was late, but the children wished to go back outside to see the gardens once more.

"Aemma?" A voice called out from behind her as she reached the red tree. The voice was a voice that Aemma did not hear until the accident so once when turned to face the person she was immediately running towards her.

Rhaenys laughed as Aemma wrapped her arms around her grandmother. "What are you doing here?"

"I have come to support your brothers claim," Rhaenys said as Aemma nodded. "Even if I do think that it is all true."

"And what do you think is true princess?" Aemma asked the children running past her skirt leaving a gush of wind behind them.

"I believe that they are not truly my grandchildren, and I surely think that Rhaenyra had my son killed it didn't take her even a moon to get married to that cunt Daemon." Rhaenys said as Aemma was shocked never expecting to hear those words fall from her mouth.

"Do not speak of my brothers in that manner, doesn't their great grandmother, your mother before she passed had brown hair? Genes can pass generation." Aemma snapped keeping an eye on her children from the side.

"Yes, but their paren-"

"Laenora has Aegon's skin, but she has Velaryon hair. And has green eyes like your aunt Alyssa." Aemma reminded the princess looking at Laenora was took a swing at her oldest brother but in a playful manner. "Are you now saying that Laenora isn't your great grandchild?"

"I did not come here to get snapped at there is something that everyone has been dying to say to you. When the time comes of Viserys passing Aegon will inherit the iron throne, and you will be his queen. Rhaenyra will not get the throne and will come for your children." Rhaenys said running her hands through Aemma's hair. "I do not wish to see a war break out and lose the only people I love."

"My mother would never dare to hurt me or my-"

"When it comes to the throne, she would kill her own children before seeing you or Aegon on the throne." Rhaenys said and Aemma knew it was the truth. When Viserys named her heir, she was waiting to ascend the throne. "But are you ready to fight back when she starts the war?"

"No because even Alicent supports my mother's claim, and what kind of daughter would I be if I let myself take my mother's birth right?" Aemma questioned her hands resting on each other keeping her back straight.