5

FIVE - FUNERALS AND A LOST EYE

~

~AEMMA HEARD the cries of her father as Rhaenyra had comforted him, Aemma had wondered what was happening, what news was so sad. Rhaenyra had looked over at her child who was standing at the door of the chamber, Laenor had also looked over at his child crying. "My sweet girl." Laenor said as he put his arms out for a hug, which Aemma quickly went over to her crying father.

"What is matter?" Aemma asked as she looked over her father's shoulder to look at her mother who was also upset at the news.

"Laena had complications at birth, she did not make it." Rhaenyra said as she put her hands together. Aemma froze with shock, tears now filling her eyes as she processed it. Aemma started sobbing in her father's arm.

"No, I just wrote her, she's fine, she promised me she would be careful." Aemma sobbed as her grip became tighter against her father's shoulder. Rhaenyra had taken Aemma from Laenor's grip.

"I am so sorry Aemma, we all know she loved you." Rhaenyra had said to her daughter, Aemma's dress began to feel tight and itchy. Rhaenyra had hugged her daughter who was in a lot of pain. "I am so sorry sweet girl."

"Poor Baela and Rhaena." Aemma cried feeling her cousin's pain. "Please tell me this is just some fake news from Daemon."

"No, my sweet girl this is the truth." Rhaenyra told her daughter playing with her daughter's curls. "We head to Dragonstone tomorrow to see her rest to the sea."

"Stop please tell me this is fake." Aemma sobbed more than Laenor. "I don't want her to be gone mom."

~

The carriage arrived at Dragonstone as Aemma sat in the carriage with a look of nothing. Her eyes puffy with black eye bags. "Come on my little dragon." Rhaenyra said as they all went out of the carriage.