6

SIX - GOODBYES

~

~AEMMA DID survive, but now Rhaenyra was being stitched up. Aemma was supposed to be resting, but after the night she just went through, she could not stop thinking about it, Aemma wanted to be with her mother, and no one else. 

Rhaenyra winced as Lucerys, Jacaerys, and Aemma stood around her. Aemma's stomach stiches hurt as she watched her mother. Lucerys rested his head on his arms, as Jacaerys and Aemma just stared at each other happy they did not lose each other.

"You will scar, but the wound will heal." The maester told Rhaenyra as she still had her head resting on her head.

"Valyrian steel cuts clean." Rhaenyra joked grabbing ahold of her daughter's hand. The door opened as Laenor stared at everyone, but as he looked at the scene in front of him, he could not believe his eyes.

"Gods." Laenor cursed under his breath. "Is everyone all right?"

"A broken nose is the worst." The Maester told the father, Laenor's eyes could not leave his daughter's dress resting on the floor. The teal dress now turned red and was partly ripped from the people trying to stop the bleeding, but now Aemma was wearing a red dress to show her Targaryen colors.

"Thank you, maester." Laenor said walking over to everybody.

"Leave us." Rhaenyra told the man stitching up her arm, but then she looked at her children. "You as well, you've already found enough trouble today, and we will see you leave soon Aemma."

"Yes, Mother." Aemma said as she rushed her siblings out the door, but before she could walk past Laenor he grabbed her arm. "I am fine father."

"I should've been there." Laenor said as Aemma looked back at her mother who nodded her head towards the door. 

All of the three of the siblings walked out the door, Aemma had forgot she was heading back to kings landing for the wedding between her and Aegon. "Would you all like to sneak into the kitchens one last time together?"

"Wait today you leave?" Lucerys asked his voice breaking as tears almost spilled from his eyes, Aemma nodded grabbing her brother's hand. "I thought we would have more time together."

"We will exchange letters, and after me and Aegon marry, I will of course come visit all of you." Aemma promised, but Jacaerys only thought of the promise his father made to them. 

"Ser Harwin also made that promise, and where is he now Aemma? We almost watched you bleed out and die last night." Jacaerys snapped, Aemma knew of his anger and kissed his forehead.

"I will not die yet Jacaerys, one day I will, but I swear this to you, to both of you. I Aemma Targaryen will always love you both and will never in my life forget or hate any of you, you are my brothers and no matter who tries to get in the way of that is wrong." Aemma said her stomach feeling a little bit of pain. 

"I guess it is only right if we go to the kitchens." Lucerys broke the silence, and all the three-laughing heading towards the kitchen that was not that far away, but Aemma did recognize the chamber that belonged to Aegon.

The kitchen had nobody in it but was filled with a lot of food, so Lucerys and Aemma headed straight for the dessert, as Jacaerys was looking away from Aemma she threw a peice of uncooked meat at him. Lucerys laughed, and everything for a minute felt perfectly fine, Aemma forgot about all her troubles.

"Aemma!" Rhaenyra called out from outside the kitchen, Jacaerys opened the kitchen door, and Rhaenyra laughed seeing a piece of chicken in Jacaerys hair, but her smile fell the reason she wanted to see Aemma was upsetting the heir. "The queen wishes to leave now Aemma, everything of yours is packed, and everyone is waiting outside to say goodbye to you."

Aemma nodded as both of her siblings looked back at her with the saddest looks in their eyes, but Rhaenyra grabbed Aemma's hand walking her through the castle one last time. Aemma began to feel panic as she knew that she beach was only a few steps outside the castle, and as Aemma looked back she saw her siblings keeping up with her.

The weather was rather cold outside, and Aemma saw her family waiting to say their goodbyes to her. Rhaenys was the first one waiting to say her goodbyes, and reached down and hugged her.

"If you need anything send me a letter, and me and Meleys will fly out." Rhaenys said and Aemma nodded turning to Corlys.

"You're going to make a good wife to Aegon, and if you want to come back and see me I will always be here." Corlys said finishing it with a hug, Aemma began to feel tears in her eyes as she looked back at her mother.

Rhaenyra got on her knees and hugged her daughter, Aemma knew that Rhaenyra was staying in dragon stone, and it pained her. "My sweet girl, please write me letters about everything, and I will come to Kings landing to visit you. I love you."

Aemma hugged back her mother, as she saw Alicent waiting on the boat with a sad smile. Jacaerys and Luke were waiting for their hugs, and Aemma laughed as they both crushed her into one. "We love you Aemma."

"I love you guy's too." Aemma said as she turned to look at Daemon who held Aemma's youngest siblings. Aemma gave the babe a kiss on the head before looking up at Daemon. "Look after my mother, and my siblings please."

"Of course, Aemma." Daemon said smiling down at her, Aemma looked at the boat before she noticed that Aegon was waiting right there for her. 

"I love you Aemma." Aegon said as he watched his wife cry as she walked onto the ship.

"I love you too Aegon, but I will miss my mother."

"Trust me when you have children, it will be all worth it." Aegon promised as Aemma smiled up at him finally noticing she was on the ship. "But right now I think we should get you into a compartment so you can rest."

"I think so to because the stiches hurt right now." Aemma said, as she looked at Alicent who looked like a nervous wreck. "Good morrow your grace."

"Good morrow Aemma, a compartment is ready for you to rest in." Alicent said as she nodded at Aegon for him to take Aemma there.

For the first time in days Aemma was talking to Aegon, and he was thankful that she was. "I still can't believe last night."

"Me either." Aemma said as he opened the door. The room was nice it had a bed, and a place where she could make tea for herself. "But now we are getting married so I really don't want to think about the scar that will be left on my stomach."

"I still can't believe he did that to you." Aegon said as he helped Aemma get into the bed. "He knows how much you mean to me."

Aemma was young, but she knew everything would fall into place soon.