School and Exes

2 MONTHS SINCE LAST CHAPTER,

Oscorp Tower; New York; 10:38

Light. She finally saw it. Miss Martian opened her eyes. She was lying on the ground on the top of the Oscorp Tower. The roof was in ruins. She couldn't feel the strength to lift herself up, but she could look around her.

Superboy was on the ground, covered in rubble, completely knocked out.

Aqualad was lying against the wall of the entrance to get back into the building. He was knocked out too, blood pouring from his mouth.

Robin was lying beside Kid Flash. Kid's leg was completely broken and Robin's suit was in pieces. They were knocked out too.

All of them were broken and bruised.

And Artemis... Artemis was crawling towards the edge of the tower, where her bow was. She tried using all her might to push herself towards it. She was covered in bruises. She grunted with every push. And that's when Miss Martian heard it.

That screech. That horrific screech. It sent chills down her spine. And she knew what it was. She reached out to Artemis to warn her that it was coming, "Artemis..." she managed to utter, but she couldn't hear her.

That's when it landed. It landed right behind her from a jump.

A large monster. It was covered in a black ooze. It had bulking muscles and a gaping jaw. it had a white motif that stretched across it's hip... and a white spider symbol on it's chest. It also had giant claws from it's tentacles and an elongated jaw... with a long and large tongue coming out of it.

Before Artemis could reach her bow, the creature grabbed her by the neck and turned her around to face him. It held her up in the air in front of him, her still facing him. She tried to fight, but couldn't. The tongue then slid across her cheek and prepared to have it's dinner, "Yummy." it said in it's monstrous voice.

M'gann couldn't think of it. When? When did it all go so wrong?

BACK TO PRESENT,

Midtown High; Queens; 06:30

Peter arrived along with M'gann to the entrance of his school. Midtown High (This Midtown High is like the Spectacular Spider-Man version). Megan, who had a backpack on her, looked annoyed while Peter was completely calm and collected as he held onto his backpack on his back. She looked over at him, "Please explain to me why we had to walk all the way here? I have a spaceship for crying out loud." M'gann exclaimed at him, but silent enough for only him to hear her.

A smile grew on his face, "It's nice to be normal every now and then. Now you know what us humans have to go through everyday." he said before he walked past the gates of the school and entered.

Megan was flabbergasted and yelled, "You're not even a real human anymore!" she yelled. After realizing she said this, she covered her mouth with her hands to shut her up, before she followed Peter. She looked where he was heading and realized he was walking to MJ, who was sitting next to the fountain.

MJ saw them and stood up, "About time you showed up." she told Peter. The 2 hugged then released each other.

"What're you talking about? I'm 30 minutes early?" Peter replied.