Spider-Man Talks To An Osborn

Harry's Penthouse, September 7th; 15: 07

Harry sat on his couch in his living room with a blanket over his shoulders. He was looking much worse that before. The shadow under his eyes was much more noticeable. He was more pale. His eyes slowly started to get bloodshot. He was shivering even though is wasn't cold. In front of him on the table, was a computer. 

He was typing frantically on the keyboard. Different serums and projects appeared on the screen. 

Images of when Steve Rogers was given the Super Soldier Serum from the late 90s. 

Images of Kamar Taj.

...Spider-Man.

"I have a fan?" 

Harry spun around, finding Spider-Man hanging upside down from his web. Harry frantically crawled back, still facing the hero. "Stay back!" He ordered angrily.

He began to pick himself up and run for his nightstand. Spider-Man simply and calmly set himself on the couch beside the couch Harry was sitting on and waited.

Harry then whipped out a gun and faced it at Spider-Man, to which the hero let out a sigh, "Why always the guns?" he said.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!"

Spider-Man stuck his hands up, "I'm not here to hurt you, Har. I wanna help."

"You help me??" Harry questioned, "Yeah, right." he said sarcastically.

"I am. Peter told me you needed help."

"Peter? He... He told you?" He lowered his hand and almost lost his balance, "Ho-How could h-"

"If you're worried he told me something he wasn't supposed to - he didn't. He just told me you were sick. And you could use some help finding the cure."

Harry was breathing heavily and looked back at Spider-Man, "How in the world am I supposed to trust you? You killed my father."

Spider-Man sighed, "There was more to it than that, Harry. You wouldn't understand. But at least help me try to make amends. Let me help you."

Harry stared at the hero. A part of him refused to trust him. But the other part trusted Peter's judgement. He wouldn't have told Spider-Man about his problem unless he REALLY needed the help. Harry threw the gun on the couch and began to walk to the couch, "Fine... You can help me. But don't even THINK that this conversation is over."

Spider-Man nodded understandably. "So..." Harry sat down at the couch and began typing on the computer. "You gonna tell me how I can help orrr-?"

"There was a scientist that I hired that was working on a cure. A real scientific cure. No side effects. Nada."

"Is that even possible?"

"He believed it was possible. His name was Doctor Micheal Morbius."

"Doctor Morbius? Didn't he win, like 5 Nobel Prizes?"

"Exactly. He was the best of the best in biochemistry. And, probably why he was also best for this job-"

"He has a rare degenerative Blood disease if I remember right."

"You are. Around a couple weeks ago he went out to some island, I don't know where. It was apparently where he was going to obtain what he needed to create a cure. Then I found out he was going to steal the cure for himself when he was gonna make it. He went rogue, hired mercenaries, went under the book."

"How'd you find out."

"Well his sudden disappearance, abandoning all his research at his lab and finding his audio recordings he made kinda gave it away." Harry said. "But about 3 days after he left, he went completely off the map. We lost track of him at the cargo ship he took. Which is where we found... this." Harry turned the computer towards Spider-Man for him to watch.

Spider-Man then watched the same footage Harry previously watched. And he was shocked to say the least, "He's a... vampire?" Spider-Man questioned.

Harry turned the computer back towards him, "Or something like it. We haven't been able to find where he is since then. But one thing is for sure. He's clearly better."

"Wait, so let me get this straight. You want to do what he did... to yourself?"

"What?" Harry replied as he faced him now, "No. That's insane. I want to get what made him into this and... modify it. Find out what cured his illness exactly and extract it. It may not be a cure, but it should hold back the sickness long enough for an actual cure to be found."

Spider-Man nodded along, "Okay." He then stood up, "What do you need me to do?" he asked.

Harry thought for a moment. Then he had an idea. He made his way over to his bed, where their were piles and clusters of files and papers. He then pulled out a keycard and walked back to Spider-Man, "Go to his lab. It's over at-"

"I know." Spider-Man then replied as Harry then handed Spider-Man the card.

It was an access card of Harry Osborn. 

"See what you can find there. A lead. Something. Anything." Harry told him. Spider-Man took the card into his hand and flipped it around to examine it.

"Wouldn't the police have already checked it out?"

"Something like this... The police can't get involved in. I think you know that." Harry told him and Spider-Man sighed. He unfortunately was right. 

Spider-Man then began to make his way to the window he entered from, "I'll pay his flat a visit if I can find out where it is. See if anything's there as well."

"Good idea." Harry replied as Spider-Man then jumped on the ledge of the windowsill, "This doesn't change anything by the way."

Spider-Man froze, then looked over his shoulder at the sick teen, "... I know."

Spider-Man then leaped out and swung out from building to building. Harry turned around, letting out a sigh of relief. He might finally have a way to get a cure. 

He was so thankful he wouldn't have to... call him to finally get back his shot at survival. He couldn't. Under no circumstances... he wouldn't.

Spider-Man swung to the top of the building to see where he was. He stood on the edge and took a look around, "So just take a right... 3 lefts... Got it." He was about to leap off.

"So where you going?" 

He knew that voice. He turned around to find... Miss Martian and Superboy in their super suits standing behind him. Miss Martian cocked her head, "So when exactly were you going to tell us you found a vampire?"