Open Your Eye

"What's that?" M'gann questioned as she watched the cane hover across the ground.

Artemis and Peter began to make their way towards the cane, "Ooh, maybe it's Nelson's magic wand." Wally said sarcastically.

"It's his cane." Doctor Strange corrected.

Peter and Artemis both grabbed it at the same time. When they both saw that they did, suddenly, Wally sped up and grabbed it as well. "I got it." They all synchronized before it suddenly began to glow, "Huh?" The 3 of them questioned in shock. "I can't let go." The 3 of them said again, before they were suddenly lifted in the air with the cane and disappeared in a flash of gold.

The 3 young teammates exchanged a worried look, "Don't worry. They'll be fine." Doctor strange said, grabbing all their attention. He then began to walk away.

Staircase in the Tower of Fate

Klarion, Abra Kadabra, Baron Mordo and Kent walked along a staircase that appeared to be upside down. "Are we there yet?" Klarion drawled with his cat lying on his neck. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

Baron groaned angrily before he grabbed Kent's shoulder, bringing all 4 to a stop. Kent turned to face him, "You will tell us where to find the helmet." he demanded.

Kent glared, but unable to say anything due to the collar around his neck. Kadabra angrily tore it off and threw it over his shoulder. Kent could now speak again and his first words were, "Can't. Having too much fun." he said with a hoarse voice and a smile.

Kadabra's face was filled with anger before he electrocuted Kent with his wand sending him to the ground, "Still having fun?" Mordo sarcastically asked.

Klarion chuckled, "I am! Zap him again!" He then had another idea and his fist met his open right hand, "Or dump him off the side and watch him splat!"

Kadabra raised his wand again, zapping Kent. The teen continued to laugh even more at the pain being caused. His cat then meowed, grabbing his attention, Ah, yes, yes." He agreed with the cat. "I suppose we might still need him."

Back with the other team,

Superboy, Kaldur, M'gann and Doctor Strange walked through the snow in almost complete silence. M'gann finally spoke up, "I don't understand Wally. It's almost like he needs to believe the impossible can't happen."

Doctor Strange spoke up. He knew and understood Wally's point of view. "I cannot blame him." he said.

"Why not exactly?" she asked back.

Doctor Strange looked beside him at her, "Because I used to be like him as well. It was only after a very... horrifying experience, I'll put it, was when I truly believed in the Mystic Arts. Wally uses his understanding of science to control what he cannot comprehend. Acknowledging the existence of magic would be to relinquish the last vestige of that control."

M'gann thought about what he said. A part of her surprisingly understood what he said. She decided to change the subject, "I overheard your conversation with Peter. What made you trust him so easily when you barely know anything about him?" she asked.

A small frown appeared on his face, "Because of what he's been through. What he will go through. What he IS going through. He has a pure heart. Just wondering how long he'll be able to latch to it though. So far..." He turned his head to M'gann again, "You're doing a good job on helping him with that."

A small formed on her face, but quickly disappeared what he meant by his words, "What you said...'What he's been through'? What did you mean?" she asked.

He looked in front of himself again, "He didn't tell you about what he had to sacrifice didn't he? The things he's lost?" he asked.

She shook her head, "No. He doesn't really talk about his past much. Is it that bad?" she asked.