A New Mission

Mount Justice; 23 August; 03:34

"They're all innocent." Batman told the duo, Spider-Man and Artemis.

The team and Batman  and Red Tornado were all in the main lobby of Mount Justice. The 2 had given their list of all the scientists who could have told someone about the symbiote.

"What??? Are you sure??" Peter questioned.

"Peter. You checked for yourself if they were innocent. Both of you did and none of you found anything. So no, they're innocent. Whoever told someone about whatever it is you don't want to tell me, it was not one of them. I'll look at it again if you want." Batman explained to them.

Peter sighed and M'gann stepped up and put her hand on his shoulder to relax him, "It's okay, Peter. We'll find it. After all, you have us helping you out." she told him.

"And you have them as well to help you with this mission." Batman added. All of them looked up at Batman. He stepped to the side as holographic screens projected behind him. One screen had an image of a short man with a mustache, "This is Bolivar Trask of Trask Industries. He's a firm believer that mutants pose an existential threat to humanity. Recently we have obtained some insider information that Trask might is creating some sort of mutant hunter." Batman explained as images of parts of a robot appeared around them.

"As someone who was only born a couple weeks ago, what's a mutant?" Superboy asked.

All of team turned their heads towards Superboy in shock, "You don't know what mutants are?" Wally questioned.

Superboy crossed his arms, "I don't even know who Beyoncé is." Superboy added.

Wally's eyes widened even more, "I officially can't speak to you anymore." he replied.

"It is alright." Tornado said as he stepped up, making the team turn towards him, "I shall explain. The mutants are a race of humans that possesses what's called an X-gene in their DNA." A display of a mutant's DNA appeared, "It allows them to develop superhuman abilities that manifest at puberty. These abilities can range from  being able to control fire." A video of a man throwing fire from his hands towards an incoming cop car was shown.

"To ice." A video of a teenager who looked like he was completely made of ice was shown shooting a ice path from his hands in a sky, which he rode.

"To even shapeshifting." A video of a blue woman with red hair and yellow eyes was shown transforming into Green Arrow.

"These mutants have been here since the beginning of history. Some have been mistaken as gods." An image of hieroglyphs of Anubis was shown.

"They have also been involved majorly throughout history. Some secret and kept hidden." Video footage of a boy being pulled back from guards was then shown. They were in a concentration camp... The boy was reaching for someone from behind a metal gate. The guards were trying everything to pull the boy back, but somehow they couldn't. The boy began pulling the metal gate back telepathically and screamed.

"And some widely known. Such as the Battle on the Cuban Beach." Arial footage of a satellite was then shown of a man in a metal helmet stopping a barrage of incoming missiles with his hand, mid-air. The man had a yellow costume, along with everyone else on the beach.

"The X-Men." Multiple photos of the team and reporter footage was shown of the team was shown all around them, "The main lineup consisting of Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Iceman, Professor X, Charles Xavier, Beast, Nightcrawler, and Storm; all are protectors of both humans and mutants."

"Not that you've been caught up." Batman now stepped up, "Your mission is for you to track down whatever threats these may be and make sure they never see the light of day."

The Amazing Spider-Man of Young Justice (Season 1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें