Chapter 4

*unedited*

Riven's POV

These animals were giving off weird behavior.. not only were they not attacking me, but they also weren't padding me any mind, as if I wasn't important. I walked closer through the clearing, but I guess I spoke to soon, because a few of the animals heard me, and turned around to stand on guard.

None of them moved any closer, it was clear that they were protecting something. "Woah Woah there guys, I ain't gonna hurt y'all. But if you keep scaring everyone away, than no one can help you guys or whatever your protecting." I tried to reason with them.

They all seemed to think for a moment before moving to the side a bit to let me through. "Huh?? What's this??" I walked closer expecting to see like a hurt deer or wolf, but instead I saw a girl, wearing weirdly engraved armor, And she had a few scars but seemed fine. She was also inside of a tube-like case.(Like the one from Snow White) Though the case was cracked, and had a fallen tree over it.

I walked closer to the girl slowly, so I don't surprise them, and they attack me. I move the tree of of the case, and the girl appears to be fine. Then I remember the mission I have to do. "Hey if you guys can understand me, watch her like you did before, and let no one get close except me. I'll be back alright?" I said then ran off to find the others.

3rd POV

As Riven had ran back into the swamp area, the other specialists were in a bit of a pickle. Some vines and plants had them in there grip, and soon Riven if he didn't get quiet real quick, which off course he didn't. He didn't know about the plants. "Guys! Where are you?! Ugh I can't believe this, First some random girl in a case, and now-" Riven was cut off by a plant grabbing his leg "AGH! WHAT THE?!-" before he could do anything, the plant had wrapped him up and started to drag him across the mud. "Let me go you stupid plant! Ack-" some mud had gotten into his face and mouth.

.
.
.
.
.

"Riven?!" The specialists had said as he was dragged into a clearing closer to them. "You guys what- what is this?!" Riven yelled angrily. "I'm not sure, but these seem to be some type of man-eating plants!" Timmy had tried to explain, but with great struggle as he and the guys for squeezed tighter and tighter. "Everyone stop talking!" Riven yelled as all the guys(including him) let out a groan at another breath-taking squeeze. Suddenly they heard the girls "Shhh everyone! These are quietus carnivorous. They're very sensitive to sound! And I'm pretty sure that you would not like to see the digestive system of these plants." Flora said appearing, as she whisper-yelled. All the guys had went silent at this.

Flora spoke to the plants, getting them to let go of the guys. The guys all grunt and groan quietly because of how they were dropped to the ground.
"Come on guys lets keep moving" bloom whispered.

The winx and the specialists arrived at a more watery part of the swamp, and decided to jump on parts off labs that were floating around the water. Sky(Brandon) had jumped first, sticking the landing on a platform. Timmy wasn't so lucky though. He had no only missed the jump, but fell into the water on his butt because of it. Having Sky(Brandon) help him up. This made everyone laugh, but then Riven had to but in. " First we've got the fairies to look after, and now we've got clumsy Timmy too-" Riven said. This cause everyone to stop laughing and look at riven. Brandon(Sky) had gotten upset at riven's unkind words. "Hey that was easy to far riven." Brandon(Sky) said angrily glaring at riven. "Hey your just Sky's yes man Brandon" Riven said. "Why don't you goo clean up his stables" Riven said chuckling to himself. "You're insulting Riven.." Brandon(Sky) said walking closer to bloom. "Yeah, so? What are you gonna do about it?" Riven said confidently. "You're off the team if you keep this up riven." Sky(Brandon) said angrily. Riven looked at everyone, seeing they're angry faces. "Alright whatever.. Let's go find that troll." Riven said giving it up.

.
.
.
.
.

"That one looks good" Timmy said from behind Tecna, pointing to a piece off land that looked stable enough to hold her weight. "Okay" Tecna said jumping on the platform. After verifying that it was safe from Tecna, everyone else jumped onto a platform.

Suddenly the platforms started moving a bit. "I know I'm not crazy, but i think these platforms are moving!" Stella said, wobbling on the turff. "I don't think your crazy Stella! I feel it to!" Bloom says as she almost loses her balance. "Well you can all stop thinking, because these pieces of turf are definitely moving!" Tecna yells, jumping onto another platform. The winx and specialists all followed, wanting to get out of the water part of the swamp. Musa jumped onto a platform and then flora, add Riven tried to jump onto one as well, the turf had moved, making Riven fall into the water. Riven let out a bit of a yelp, catching Tecna's attention. She turned around too see riven being sucked into a whirlpool. "Hold on Riven, I've got you!" Tecna said grabbing riven's grabs tightly. "Hurry up and help me!" Riven says worriedly. "I'm- trying too!" Tecna said, almost getting dragged into the water as well. "I've got you tecna!" Timmy said grabbing her ankles. Though as said before, Timmy was never really the strongest of the specialists, so almost immediately he was dragged on too, "Hold on guys! I've got you!" Sky(Brandon) said as there was just enough time for Sky(Brandon) to grab Timmy's ankles as well, and while Sky(Brandon) was strong, he wasn't able to drag the fairy and two specialists from the harsh pull off the whirlpool alone. So the rest of the winx and Brandon(Sky) helped pull them all out.

Everyone breathed out a sigh of relief as they saved each other from the whirlpool. "Let's keep moving guys.. We've got a troll to catch and we've lost to much time already." Riven says getting up from his spot of rest on the grass. Sky(Brandon) gave Brandon(Sky a look, and Brandon(Sky) just shrugged.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Bloom's POV

We all kept walking though a bout faster as the guys had to hurry and finds the troll, And me and the girls had to get back to our lesson. We were walking a bit further when we heard the troll's growling. "We found him." Riven said and we all ran towards to the sound of the growling. "AHH! OH NOOO!" A girls' voice shrieked. "That's amaryl!" I said as everyone else I tried to follow the sound of the screaming. The screaming had led us behind some bushes, to which Riven had pulled back just enough for us to see three girls trapped but the troll (kinda stupid tbh.. Aren't they faries? Should've at least tried to fight back..)

Sky(Brandon) and Riven went through first. Sky(Brandon) went in to save the girls, whilst Riven went in to try and capture the troll on his own. "Wait Riven, let us help" musa said following riven.

After musa had gone through, we all followed. Me and the winx went to check up on the girls while the boys tried to capture the troll.

3rd Pov

"Hurry Riven get the cuffs on the troll! " Sky(Brandon) yelled at Riven, while him and the others fought to hold down the troll. "That's easier said than done!" Riven yelled. The boys fought to keep the troll down but was unsuccessful.

The troll fought back and stood up, shaking Brandon(Sky) & Riven off then runs away. "This was or first mission and we messed it up.." Brandon(Sky) said helping Timmy with the cuffs. Amaryl and her friends walk up. "So you guys are the Specialists huh? Specialists in what? Botchery?" Amaryl said, her and her friends walking away giggling and laughing. "And that the thanks we get huh?" Sky(Brandon) says defeated.

Riven looks Even more upset with the failed mission than all the others. "We have to work together otherwise we'll never get anything done" Sky(Brandon says turning to riven. "Should we try again?" He said lightly chuckling. "Hey guys what's going on?" Brandon(Sky asks, walking up to the two. "Me and Riven have called a truce for now" Sky(Brandon) said laughing.

Everyone starts to laugh because of what Sky(Brandon) said.