20

Akito's Perspective:

"I thought I just told you that you should focus on you..." Toya replied unimpressed. Akito chuckled slightly as he leaned against Toya, cuddling in his chest. "Toya, I am worried now, you know that right? My worry won't ease unless you tell me what's up." Akito stated, a little embarrassed at the closeness. Toya's hand treaded up to Akito's hair. He began playing with it. "So fluffy..." Toya whispered in amazement. "Toya! Answer my question!" Akito retorted lifting head up looking Toya in his eyes.

"Ah, sorry it's just I've always wanted to do that..." Toya blushed, followed by Akito. Awkwardly, Akito leaned his head forward. "I-If it hepls you to tell me... I don't mind." His hands tightened around Toya's shoulders. This was completely new to him. It made him a bit uncomfortable, not having his tough façade to hide under. But, Toya's presence... It was enough to make it worth it. Toya smiled as his hands made his way to Akito's hair. "Well... Her name is Ryoko Fujiwara." Toya began.

Akito shuddered at the feeling of Toya's hands coursing through his hair. He was slightly annoyed that he was messing it up, but he could let it slide for now... He supposed. It wasn't that bad. "Ah, so that's what it was..." Akito replied. Toya nodded. "We went to the same prep school, and let's just say I wasn't the best person back then... My brother had killed himself somewhere around that time..." Toya sighed. Akito's eyes widened at this.

Toya must've come a long way if he could say that so 'easily.' Akito felt saddened as he wrapped his arms around Toya, bringing them closer. Toya's hands still remained in his hair, which was a mess at this point. "I'm sorry you had to go through that..." Akito whispered softly. Toya smiled. "I can't say that I'll ever be over it... But, I think I can live with it." Toya replied, moving one of his hands to rub Akito's back as he continued to caress his hair with the other.

"Mmm." Akito hummed in response, not sure what else to say. "During junior high I was quite popular I guess... I didn't pay much attention to it, as my brain was too clouded with my own resentment." Toya said. "You jerk!" Akito said teasingly. Toya giggled. "You jealous?" He smirked, his hand shook a bit. Akito nuzzled into his embrace, noticing his unease. "Nope," Akito smiled. A warm feeling from within spread between the two.

Toya took a deep breath as he prepared to continue. "Anyways... Ryoko took a liking to me. And she confessed to me, and I rudely rejected her." Toya said softly, hating who he used to be. Akito got a little confused. Why would she still like him then? Toya's body began to shake. "She didn't give up and began... Following me. I never felt alone, and no matter where I went her eyes followed." Toya shriveled. Akito's eyes widened. He backed up a bit.

Toya pulled up his sleeve and revealed his scar. "She did this to me, roughly three months after she started stalking me. She stabbed me while screaming that I would love her and I didn't have a choice." Toya's eyes narrowed as he recalled the painful memory. Akito's mind drifted back to the last encounter that him and Toya had with Ryoko. How she treaded her dirty fingers down his arm... Saying that this was a crazy lie... It made Akito furious.

He let his anger subside for a moment, focusing on Toya. He was shaking and a little disoriented. Akito took his hand. He felt so guilty. He made Toya watch him fall for the person who had hurt him so much... "Toya, I'm so sorry... I'm sorry I..." Akito was cut off by Toya lifting his chin up with his hand. To Akito's surprise, Toya was smiling. "You have nothing to apologize for. You're the one who saved me, after all." Toya said softly. Akito's eyes widened.

Toya began to kiss Akito's cheeks that were still stained with his previous tears. Akito felt his body heat up. "When I stumbled across you singing on the rooftop, my grey world suddenly had color for the first time. You will never know how many times you have undoubtedly saved me, Akito." Toya whispered in Akito's ear. Akito's hands dug into Toya's back, tears making their way down his face again. "I didn't mean to make you-" Toya was cut off by Akito's lips.

It felt so great to be acknowledged. Especially by the person Akito loved. "My whole life... My very best was expected. Didn't matter how little anyone else put in... Yet, you were enticed by something so small..." Akito chuckled through his tears. Toya's thumb found the bottom of Akito's lip as he frowned. "Akito... You-" Toya was cut off yet again, but it was from the door to Akito's room swinging open. It was his mother, along with his sister.

"How dare you fucking lie. You do nothing around here." His mother yelled, spitting venom through her words. Akito's heartbeat increased as he snapped. He couldn't take it anymore. He stood up from Toya's warm embrace and looked his mother in the eyes. "Oh, so who washed the clothes you're wearing right fucking now? Dad?" Akito replied sarcastically. His mother rolled her eyes. "Do you know how much it costs to live here!? Be great full we haven't thrown you out, doing the laundry is the least you can do." His mother replied.

"It's not just the laundry though..." Ena chimed in, looking ashamed. "Shut up Ena, you don't have a say in this." Their mom retorted. Akito clenched his fist. Toya stood up by his side and put his hand on it. "Excuse me, but what is it exactly that you do as his mother?" Toya asked, knowing exactly what to ask due to his own situation. "Plenty enough." She responded, crossing her arms. Akito felt comforted by Toya's side, and his anger died down.

"I do so much... Laundry, the dishes, the trash, cleaning, grocery shopping, cooking, yard work, mowing, listening to your issues, I could go on." Akito replied calmly. Toya's eyes widened. "So? That's the bear minimum." His mother rolled her eyes. "Do you ever shut up?" Toya seemed to snap, his tone cold. Toya walked up to Akito's mom and Akito's eyebrows raised in curiosity. "From what I've heard, it's you who's doing nothing... If that's bare minimum where do you land?" Toya said staring Akito's mother in the eyes.