Post 5x9

This is post 5x9. Chris and Deacon go to the hospital to get checked out.

-----------------------

"Oh and one more thing." Deacon said turning around facing the team one more time holding me up right. "Stay on the main roads."

The guys chuckled about that comment.

Deacon held my arm around his shoulder as I limped over to the helicopter. He used his other around my waist to keep me up right.

We got into the helicopter. And took off. For a while we rode in silence.

Finally after a while. My head rested on Deacons shoulder.

"Were landing at LA county in a few minutes!" The pilot called out

"County? Why are we going to the hospital?" I asked sitting up straighter

"Well. Chris. Considering your limping and had a hard time walking. Probably couldn't hurt to get looked at by the doctors. And it's protocol. I have to go as well." Deac said

I grumbled in disgust about the whole hospital thing. Moving my bad leg wincing at that.

"What hurts?" Deac asked

"It's just my leg. It's fine. I've been hit worse before. I just forgot I hurt myself for a minute." I said

He didn't completely believe that one. But he let it go.

A couple minutes pass and we landed at the hospital.

There was doctors and nurses waiting with a gurney. They all seemed a little taken aback in my state. But I think they thought I was close to death or something. They tried to climb up and help me out and get me on the gurney.

I waved them off and got out of the helicopter by myself.

"I can get out myself." I said

"Chris. If you're not gonna let them help you get out. Atleast just sit on the gurney for the ride down. Your legs gotta hurt." Deac said

Deacon did his Dad look that is difficult to say anything back to.

I grumbled at him saying words that made him laugh.

I sat on the stupid gurney as they wheeled it on down to the ER to get my stupid leg looked over.

"See? That wasn't so hard." Deacon said

I gave him a look like and he chuckled at me.

What seems like hours pass. But Deacon insisted its only been forty five minutes a doctor comes in and assessed my leg.

"Alright Officer. It could have been worse. No major ligament damage. No structural damage. It's a bad sprain."
The doctor says

I nodded and the doctor continued

"So. I'd recommend a day keeping it simple. I understand you don't have work tomorrow. You can still work. You can still do everything you need to do. If you feel any sort of pain or discomfort in your leg. Come back and we will see what other options we need to do." The doctor says," Im going to give you a prescription for pain meds in case you need it. Don't be afraid to call me if you need anything."

"Sounds good. Thank you." I said

"We're gonna get your discharge papers in as soon as possible. Ill Get you on your way officer."

Deacon thanked the doctor and tbe doctor left us alone.

"Im sorry." He said

"What are you sorry for? I asked

"Today. You got hurt because of me."

"Im not hurting. I chose to come with you. I'd do it again and again. Same result." I said

"You gonna be good tonight?" Deacon asked "the rest of the teams waiting for us back at hq."

"Yeah. I'll be fine." I said