35-36

Chapter 35: This woman was truly amazing

Shi Qingluo asked Bai Xu to write another copy, so she could get one as well.

Bai Xu wondered, "Are you afraid that I won't give you twenty taels of silver?"

Shi Qingluo blew on her new receipt. "It's hard to say. I don't know you well. If you jump over the wall, who will I look for?"

Bai Xu was speechless. Was my reputation that poor?

"I'm famous for being generous and easy going in the county. Why would I deprive you of 20 taels of silver?" He felt that he had to clear his name.

Shi Qingluo curled her lips. "Then when I said that I could definitely heal the flowers, you also didn't believe me either."

Bai Xu "..."

Okay, he was convinced!

He asked curiously, "Are you also like this in front of Xiao Hanzheng?"

Would she display her difficult personality in front of Xiao Hanzheng?

Shi Qingluo looked as if she was sick. "This is my true personality. Thank you! Besides, that's my husband. You're a stranger. How can it be the same?"

Bai Xu choked. "Alright."

Shi Qingluo kept the receipt. "Give 5 taels of silver as a deposit. After the flowers are healed, you can pay another 15 taels."

Bai Xu looked at her in disbelief. "You took away my 160 taels of flowers, and you still want me to give you a deposit?"

He was still afraid that something would go wrong with her.

Shi Qingluo rolled her eyes at him. "Correction, this is a flower that is about to wither. If I take it back to treat it, I'll have to bear the risk of not being able to heal it. I'll return 160 taels of silver equivalent to the price of the flowers. So what if I want a deposit?

"If you're worried, just let someone else treat it instead."

In the future, Bai Xu might still have to do business with her, so it was better to follow her rhythm.

The main thing was that she really couldn't eat any more wild vegetables.

Bai Xu was speechless.

What she said made sense, but why did he feel that something was wrong.

Shi Qingluo continued, "If you don't believe me, are you saying that my husband is not worthy of your trust? A scholar is vouching for me. How can I scam 5 taels of silver from you?"

Bai Xu looked helpless. "Alright, for the sake of Scholar Xiao, I'll give you a deposit."

He felt that Xiao Hanzheng's reputation was still reliable.

Although he wasn't familiar with him, he had heard a lot about him.

He had a great talent for studying, was open-minded and treated others humbly and elegantly.

The most important thing was that he had additional titles, not just a normal elementary scholar.

If nothing unexpected happened, there wouldn't be much of a problem for him to become a high scholar.

If he could maintain his reputation in the future, he might even be able to become a noble scholar

He was also willing to befriend such a person with a promising future.

Shi Qingluo was also helpless. "Give me the money, and I'll write a receipt for you."

Therefore, not only was her reputation inferior to that of a dead priest, but it was also inferior to that of her young husband, who hadn't even shown his face to others in the village...