289-290

Chapter 289: Wouldn't take it seriously, right?

The next day, Xiao Yuanshi predicted that he would definitely be scolded badly in court.

So he pretended to be sick and did not attend the court meeting.

He did not arrive, but the censorates did not let him go.

All the censorates wrote excerpts of fighting against Xiao Yuanshi, criticizing him to the point that he was useless and asking the emperor to punish him severely.

Because he did not go to court, no one spoke up for him.

Moreover, even the people who were once close to Xiao Yuanshi felt that he had gone too far this time.

How could he marry the daughter of his sworn brother?

Some people felt that Xiao Yuanshi was a demon.

Even if he really liked her, it was fine to raise her outside.

To actually dismiss his first wife and take this woman with a questionable identity back as his first wife, Xiao Yuanshi's brain was fried.

Because of this, there were people who questioned whether Xiao Yuanshi could lead a good army.

They wanted the emperor to strip him of his identity as a senior general and take back his military authority.

There were also people who wanted the emperor to remove Xiao Yuanshi from his position in the Ministry of War.

It was more suitable for him to return to defend the northern border.

The emperor noted their opinions, but he did not say how he would deal with Xiao Yuanshi.

It was obvious that he was still considering it.

After the court was dismissed, the emperor ordered people to invite Xiao Hanzheng and Shi Qingluo into the palace.

Xiao Hanzheng and Shi Qingluo were a little confused when they received the imperial edict.

When Shi Qingluo was going to change her clothes, she asked, "Old Xiao, why did the emperor invite us to enter the palace? It can't be because of the incident yesterday when we messed with your scumbag father, right?"

Otherwise, what else could it be?

Xiao Hanzheng thought for a moment. "It's unlikely that the emperor would invite us in because of my scumbag father. But it's a little related. Do you still remember what you said to my scumbag father yesterday?"

Shi Qingluo asked, "I've said a lot of things. Which sentence are you referring to?"

Xiao Hanzheng said, "You said that you will go to the palace to present the recipe and asked the emperor to help you judge the situation. Perhaps someone relayed this to the emperor."

Shi Qingluo thought to herself, she was just saying it to threaten scumbag father. The emperor wouldn't take it seriously, right?

"Then why don't we offer the recipe to make glass?"

Previously, she had asked her husband to imitate the Taoist priest's handwriting and write out quite a number of recipes.

After that, she had even made them old.

"Isn't there people who are against Daliang in front and behind our kingdom? It's very likely that there will be a war. Once glass is made, it can be used to make binoculars. It will also be more convenient to fight a war in the future. The emperor can even sell it to the western regions in exchange for gold, silver, jewelry, horses, grain, and so on."