71-72

Chapter 71: This was too much of a surprise, he could not handle it

Xiao Yuanshi's hand that was holding the teacup jolted.

He did not have any dealings with the capital's magistrate.

Why would he send someone to report something here?

With this thought in mind, he opened his mouth, "Invite him in."

Soon, a bailiff walked in and bowed first. "Greetings, Senior General Weiyuan."

Xiao Yuanshi raised his hand with a faint smile on his face. "No need for formalities. What's the matter?"

He had been conferred the title of Senior General Weiyuan after rising through the rank as a nobody.

On top of being hardworking, he was also very kind to outsiders.

He had always known that these people were difficult to deal with, so he had never assumed airs for a small matter.

He was also very careful in the capital and tried his best not to offend anyone.

The bailiff looked at Xiao Yuanshi and said, "Senior general, your family members and the young master from Zhenguogong's manor have gotten into a fight. It's getting very serious now. My master would like you to go and take a look."

He also didn't know how to describe the state of his family members to him now.

Xiao Yuanshi almost lost his grip on his cup. "What? My family members? That's impossible. My family members are still in Nanxi county."

"But they have a road guide and claim to be your family members. So, please go and confirm it."

Xiao Yuanshi tightened his grip on the cup and almost crushed it. "Alright, I'll go with you."

He then stood up and gave a comforting look to Ge Chunru, whose expression had already changed.

He silently prayed in his heart that it better not be those people from Nanxi county.

Ge Chunru watched as the two of them left the house.

Her originally smiling face instantly darkened.

She had not received any news from Xinghong for more than a month.

Could those people from his hometown really come?

No, definitely not.

Although she silently uttered this, she couldn't help but have a bad premonition.

Outside South Main Street, the people fighting on both sides had already been pulled away by the people sent by the capital's magistrate.

When the old Xiao family saw that the capital officials were subservient to that arrogant brat, their hearts instantly thumped.

They seemed to have gotten into trouble.

But it was clearly his fault!

Just as they were thinking of what to do, the bailiff brought Xiao Yuanshi over.

Old Lady Xiao had sharp eyes and was the first to see Xiao Yuanshi.

She immediately sat on the ground and started to cry. "Someone is killing me. I'm the mother of General Weiyuan. You guys are bullying an elderly!"

Xiao Yuanshi, who had just walked over...

Could he turn around and pretend that he hadn't come?

His heart was even more shocked. Why were these blood-sucking insects here? They still looked so dishevelled, as if they were beggars.