03 • ₐₗₗ Fₒᵣ ₗₒᵥₑ

• Savion Rowe •

• Savion Rowe •

I climbed out of my car, the smell of rain coming soon hit my nose. Maybe it was just a southern thing, but I could definitely smell when it was about to rain. Today was my day off, and Hansen was gladly out of my damn ear. I locked the car doors, walking up to the restaurant door. I had googled nice little Mexican restaurants I could order food from.

I found this one near the Air Bnb and decided to check it out, their food looked amazing on their website. It looked a bit busy but nonetheless I swung open the door stepping in, catching a few stares. I shrugged it off going over to an open table taking it seat.

Even though it was slight packed it took no time for a waitress to approach the table, she looked oddly familiar though. I'm not sure why, but she did. I raised my eyebrow as she smiled offering a friendly smile. I smiled back a bit as she began to speak.

"Hi, welcome to Kyrios Mexican grill, what can I get for you?" She asked clicking the end of her pen getting ready to write whatever I spoke. "Um," I mumbled taking another look over the menu before confirming what I wanted in my head at least eight times so I wouldn't stutter.

"Okay, I'd like two burrito grandes, A pink lemonade, and one of each sauces, " I spoke and she nodded writing it down, "Would that be all?" She asked and I nodded, "Be right back with your food ma'am. Until then would you like an appetizer?" She asked in monotone, I shook my head no. "No thank you," I smiled and she nodded walking away.

I didn't want no damn teaser food, teasing me until my real meal came. I shook my head at the thought as I pulled my phone out seeing that on cue Micheal started to FaceTime me. I quickly answered if propping my phone up against the napkin box thingy, smiling as his face popped up.

"Wait.. what's wrong?" I asked noticing the small frown on his face, he sighed before speaking. "I just.. I just miss my wife." He spoke sadly, my smile slowly faded as I heard the sadness in his tone. "I miss you too Micheal, this-"

I looked around making sure no one was listening or watching before pulling the phone closer to me whispering "This job will be over with sooner than you think." I finished the sentence before sitting my phone back up, he nodded sadly licking his lips.

"I know, i've just been real lonely without you... if you know what I mean." He smirked making me chuckle and blush of embarrassment. "Michealll," I whined making him laugh "I'm only teasing, yet i'm serious." He responded raising his eyebrow.

"We can talk about that later," I told him watching his face fall, "Fine," He responded in defeat, "I promise." I attempted to reassure him, he only nodded in response pursing his lips. It was silent for a few seconds before the waitress came back with my food.