InGen Arrival

Nick and Eddie march quickly back toward their base camp, their energy and excitement palpable. Malcolm is furious, however, and is in an argument with Sarah. Behind them is (Y/N) and Jasmine as they lessen to Sarah and Malcolm.

Malcolm: When Hammond called you, why didn't you say something to me?!

Sarah: Because you would have tried to stop me from coming.

Malcolm: I would have tied you to the bed!

Nick: (a salacious mutter) Me too.

Sarah: I figured out how the animals survived without lysine.

Malcolm: I don't care.

Sarah: (continuing anyway) If you look at the diets of the herbivore species that are thriving, they eat mostly agama beans, soy, anything lysine-rich. And the carnivores, well, they eat the herbi - -

Over his shoulder, Sarah sees Nick put a cigarette in his mouth.

Sarah: (cont'd) Don't light that. Dinosaurs can pick up scents from miles away. We're here to observe and document, not interact.

Malcolm: That's a scientific impossibility. Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle. Whatever you study, you also change.

Sarah: I'll risk it. I'm sick of scratching around in rock and bone and making guesses, deductions about the nurturing habits of animals that have been dead for sixty-five million years. Right or wrong, we're ridiculed because we can't prove anything, we can only make assumptions based on how modern day animals behave. It's frustrating, man. Then you show up and fill my head with stories for four years - -

Malcolm: Stories of mutilation and death! Weren't you paying attention?

Sarah: Please don't treat me like I'm some wide-eyed grad student, I've worked around predators since I was twenty years old. Lions, hyenas, jackals, you. They're obsessively territorial, and those territories are all in the interior of the island. The only other place they'll hunt is on the game trails. If we stay on the outer rim and off the game trails, we'll be fine.

Malcolm: They go wherever there's food! They have legs, you know, and on these legs they're known to walk.

Sarah: Could you make that a little more condescending?

Malcolm: Even run, on occasion.

Sarah: You know, I'm not sure I can listen to you right now without wanting to hit you.

Malcolm: Hit me on the way home. I'm taking you out of here.

Sarah: HEY.

Angry, she pulls him aside and lowers her voice. (Y/N) and Jasmine see this due to them being behind them, but they don't question it as they continue on.

Jasmine: What do you think they are talking about?

(Y/N): Don't know, don't care. But once we get back to base camp, you and I are going to have a talk.

With Malcolm and Sarah, shorty after Sarah pulled him aside.

Sarah: (cont'd) What is this? I've barely heard from you for three months, now you charge in here on a white horse - - you don't usually care what continent I'm on. What do you think you're doing?

Malcolm: You are deeply disturbed. Someone who loves you travels five thousand miles to tell you your life is in danger and you're actually suspicious.

Sarah: You love me?

Malcolm: You don't have any money, there must be some reason I'm hanging around.

Sarah: Why didn't you ever say so, Shithead?