San Diego

Red anti-collision lights that blink atop the skyscrapers of downtown San Diego, shrouded in fog. It's very late and there aren't many lights on as we fly over the ocean, toward the city. Peter Ludlow's voice guides us in.

Ludlow: (v.o.) Fifteen years ago, John Hammond had a dream. Like John himself, the dream was grand, it was outsized, it was bold and impractical. And it was not to be.

We draw closer to the shoreline. Up ahead, there is an enormous waterfront complex, brightly lit up with work lights. Two tall cranes tower over the loading docks and an enormous flatbed truck waits between them, ready to offload cargo. On the bed of the truck is a large cage, designed with heavy security in mind. It's got lights all over it, triple reinforced bars, and tranquilizer ports where rifles have been fitted into place, pointing at every corner of the cage.

Ludlow: (v.o.) Well, half an hour from now, John Hammond's dream, re-imagined through your new InGen leadership, will become reality.

There are at least fifty people crowed around the dock handlers, loaders, crane operators, and security guards. Peter Ludlow himself is standing at a dais, addressing two dozen InGen executives and stockholders who have turned up at this ungodly hour.

Ludlow: (cont'd) For one one-hundreath the cost of building a destination resort thousands of miles away, tonight we christen Jurassic Park San Diego, featuring an mega-attreaction that will drive turnstile numbers to rival any theme park in the world. And in just thirty minutes, all of you who were intrepid enough to turn up at three in the morning will - -

The harbor master, an anxious man wearing a radio headset, is standing at the edge of the podium, trying to get Ludlow's attention.

Ludlow: (cont'd) (to the crowed) Excuse me.

He steps off the podium and leans over the Harbor Master, who whispers urgently to him.

Harbor Master: The ship. It's here.

Ludlow: It's early?

Harbor Master: It's - - you'd better come look.

Grinning a politician's grin, Ludlow makes a "Just one minute!" gesture to the crowd and walks off, with the Harbor Master. As they approach the Harbor Master's shack, Ludlow sees a car pull up outside the security fence. Malcolm and Sarah ge out, but a security guard immediately stops them, preventing the from entering.

Guard: I'm sorry, this is private property, I'm going to have to - -

(Y/N): There with me.

(Y/N) said as he got out of his black 1967 Chevy Impala now with a sling and bandages on his shoulder and made his way inside with the other. Once in they see Ludlow waving them over.

Ludlow: The loyal opposition, eh? Come on in

Ludlow: The loyal opposition, eh? Come on in. I was hoping you'd want to see this.

The Harbor Master is still dogging Ludlow, very anxious.