Breeding Facility

The party blasts through the forest, trying to keep up with Grant and (Y/N). They haven't even had time to ask.

Amanda: (to Paul) What's a raptor?

Paul has no idea.

Udesky: They don't look that big. I mean, comparatively.

Grant: If we came across one, we might live.

Paul: Well that's good.

(Y/N): But you never came across just one.

From the back.

Amanda: Wait! Where's Billy?

They all stop. The only one not there is.

Grant: Billy! Billy!

Amanda: (almost sotto) I thought we weren't suppose to yell.

Billy: Here!

He comes in from the left. Excited, he explains to Grant.

Billy: I got some great pictures of the nest. You know this proves raptors raised their young in colonies.

Furious with his student. Grant just keeps moving. There's no time to stand around and argue.

Billy: This speaks to a larger social structure, the possibility of Darwinian altruism. It changes everything.

A beat. Trying not to sound presumptuous --

Billy: We could co-write a paper.

Grant: Ah yes, the first rule of academics. Publish or perish.

Much fatigued, the six now mach upward towards a crest. Panting and flushed, they reach the top of the ridge and gaze into the distance. A jungle valley stretches before them. Not far off in a vast compound comprised of several buildings. One building alone seems to cover several acres. The weary group breathes a sigh of relief.

Paul: I bet there's a very good chance Eric's in
there. I'd bet my bottom dollar.

Udesky, Grant and (Y/N) all share dubious looks and continue down into the valley. The group emerges from the jungles and enters the compound. They walk through an overgrown parking lot, littered with abandoned vehicles. Some are lying on their side. Others are overturned completely. They're not going to be driving anywhere. A troubled Grant peers through a windshield, partially caved in, like some giant head butted the glass. As Grant is peering the windshield, (Y/N) is looking at everything as he starts have a bit of PTSD to what happened to him in the Lost World. Grant noises (Y/N) standing still breathing heavily as he comes up to him and put a hand on his shoulder. The bad thing was he put his hand on the shoulder that was bit in 97, and by doing so it caused (Y/N) to freak out as he started to get away from Grant. Everyone else saw this as they wound what was happening, Udesky then saw what was happening as he realized what was happening as he got behind (Y/N) and holds him as Udesky and Grant calm him down. After a while (Y/N) come back to as he looks around seeing everyone looking at him worry. (Y/N) turn to Udesky.

(Y/N): Thank you.

Udesky nods as he lets go. Grant then comes up to him.

Grant: What was that?

(Y/N): I think I may or may not have some PTSD due to what happened last time I was on this island.

Grant sighed as he looked at (Y/N) one last time 

Grant: Stay near me, we don't want you having another episode when you're face to face with something.

(Y/N) gave Grant a nod as Grant turned around and walked back to the group with (Y/N) behind him. The group finally approaches the front doors of an enormous building. As they head up the front steps, we see something in the distance behind them on the high ridge. To fast to see what it was. But too ominous to dismiss. Our friends now find themselves in a sparse, one quietly opulent corporate lobby now in the process of being reclaimed by the jungle/ Roots and ivy poke through the floor and walls. In the waiting area, the cushions of a sofas and chairs have been gnawed at and pulled apart. Dusty coffee mugs and filled ashtrays lie on the table. The water has turned brackish in a near by cooler. Sudden flapping. We look up and see birds nesting in the rafters. It is an eerie, haunted place.