Communications Center

The column of marchers has finally reached the island ridge, where they are silhouetted against the setting sun. Roland is at the edge of the ridge. From this vantage point, one can see all the way to the far side of the island, a rim of hard black cliff, miles away. Between here and the cliffs there is nothing but gently undulating jungle.

Roland: When's the last time anybody saw him?

Nick and Sarah are in front of him, a look of concern on their faces.

Sarah: An hour ago. Maybe more.

Nick: I'll take a few guys and look for him.

Roland: Absolutely not. Christ, Dieter . . .

He thinks, looking around at the exhausted MARCHERS, sprawled out on rocks or over the ground.

Roland: (cont'd) All right, we rest here. If he's alive, he'll catch up. If not . . . well, that's that. Nobody tells the little girl. Last thing we need is screaming hysterics.

He refers to one of the satellite recon photos.

Roland: (cont'd) The worker village is down in there, about a mile and a half northwest from the base of these cliffs.

Sarah: I'm sure I can find a game trail. Some kind of path that goes down there.

Roland: First we eat. Sleep. Two hours. Then we hit it.

That night the group has made camp in the jungle. The mood is somber, most of the marchers asleep already, the nocturnal jungle hooting and buzzing around them. Three or four tents have been put up. In one tent (Y/N) and Jasmine lay next to each other as they look up at the top of the tent.

Jasmine: Hey, (Y/N).

(Y/N): Yeah Jasmine.

Jasmine: Do you still have those nightmares?

(Y/N): Huh?

Jasmine: Of the old island.

(Y/N): Oh, that. I would be lying if I said I didn't.

(Y/N) puts his right hand up to his forehead as he moves some hair.

(Y/N): That night when everything went down. I didn't think I was going to make it out alive.

(Y/N) grabs ahold of some of his hair as he closes his eyes shut with a single tear coming out.

(Y/N): Back then I was happy. I thought nothing could heat me. But after that Rex broke out of its cage and made me go unconscious, I realized that, I'm only human. I feel the same pain as everyone else. After I went unconscious I blamed myself for not being there for Tim and Lex in such a time like that. I had nightmares of them being eaten in front of me as my body just lyes there unconscious. But now... now, it not them.

Jasmine: Who is it?

(Y/N): It's you.

Jasmine was taken aback for a little as she looked over at (Y/N).

(Y/N) nodded as he opened his eyes and turned to look at Jasmine. Tear starting to fall.

(Y/N): After I found out you were her... I thought my nightmares would come true and you well die. I love you Jasmine. You're the first woman I ever dated before, and I can't imagine you being killed because of me.

Jasmine gave (Y/N) a small smile as she leaned in and kissed him.

Jasmine: I love you too, (Y/N). And I not going to die that easy.

(Y/N) gave Jasmine a small smile

Jasmine smiled as they both lay back and went to sleep.

In another tent, Kelly is lying on a sleeping bag. Malcolm is next to her, stroking her hair, talking to her softly.