Save it for Comic-Con

News Anchor: Peter Parker, Spider-Man, is dead. He is survived by his wife Mary Jane and his aunt, May Parker.

We open on Gwen and Y/n on the bus to the Hudson Valley, the latter's attention fixed to his phone as he watches Mary Jane Watson's speech.

Mary Jane Watson: My husband Peter Parker was an ordinary person. He always said it could have been anyone behind the mask. He was just the kid who happened to get bit. He didn't ask for his powers. But he chose to be Spider-Man. My favorite thing about Peter is that he made us each feel powerful. We all have powers of one kind or another. But in our own way, we are all Spider-man. And we're all counting on you.

He sighs, turning his phone off and checking his web gadgets underneath the janitor disguise he is wearing. His shoulder is tapped and he looks over to see the warm smile of Gwen Stacy.

Gwen Stacy: You okay?

Gwen has opted for the more distinguished disguise of a scientist. She had originally purchased two; though Y/n surmised that his lack of any scientific knowledge would be a dead giveaway.

Y/n: Yeah, yeah. I'm good. How close are we?

Gwen Stacy: Just a few minutes out according to the GPS.

Y/n: Right. Don't suppose you could remind me what it is we're looking for.

Gwen Stacy: Octavius' lab. There's gotta be something fishy in there.

Y/n: You don't think this universe's Octavius could be a totally benign and friendly scientist?

Gwen gives him a look, conveying that his question was altogether stupid and her judgement is not to be questioned. He obliges, sitting back in his chair and slants his earbuds gently into his ears, playing some gentle Metro Boomin tracks.

Bus audio: The next stop is: Alchemax, New York.

Gwen Stacy: You've got your spider gear on, right?

After hearing no audible answer, Gwen looks back and comes to notice the bids implanted in Y/n's ear. She rolls her eyes and gentry removes one as to not damage it.

Y/n: Can I help you?

Gwen Stacy: You have your suit?

Y/n rolls up one of his trouser legs to reveal the black spandex of his lower costume. Gwen gives him an approving nod as the earbud finds it's way back into his ear.

Gwen Stacy: It's like working with a child...

The bus comes to a stop not long after the conclusion of the conversation; the Spider-People debark the vehicle and climb to a peak of the snowy valley, eyeing an exterior vent.

Gwen Stacy: That's our way in.

Y/n: You don't wanna use, like, the door?

Gwen Stacy: Do you have to suck the fun out of everything?

Y/n sighs and gestures for her to go on ahead. The super heroine webs her way into the vent from afar with Y/n just behind her. Obscured from both of their views is a second bus pulling up to the location; two individuals getting out of the vehicle.

Peter B. Parker: And, it's a no on the cape.

Miles Morales: I think it's cool.

Peter grabs the cape. Miles grabs it. A bit of a tug of war undies before Peter is able to rip it off of his shoulders.

Peter B. Parker: Take that off, it's disrespectful. Spider-Man doesn't wear a cape.

Miles and Peter lie at the edge of the woods, scoping it out. Peppered amongst the snow are thuggish guys in lab coats.