Elevate

We open on Y/n, swinging through the streets of Earth 2520 in his brand new super suit. He huffs and wheezes as the swinging takes a role on his stamina.

Y/n [voiceover]: How you doing? I'm Y/n, but most people call me Spider-Man. On account of me being Spider-Man.

He perches on the underside of a bridge, coughing. His hood hangs in line with gravity as he takes his mask off in order to draw breath.

Y/n [voiceover]: It's been about three weeks since the whole collider escapade. I'm definitely glad to be at home, but I can't help but feel as if something's missing.

A quick flash of Y/n and Gwen flashes through his mind. He thinks back to the time they were at Visions together, her head resting against his shoulder as they watch a documentary in physics. 

Y/n [voiceover]: Still, no point moping. I've got stuff to do.

He pulls his mask back over his face and departs, swinging with speed again despite clearly not being up to it. To take the edge off: he begins to use his Web-Wings to glide.

Y/n: I need... a Monster...

He begins to zone out, losing consciousness. He is not at the point of passing out- though his deliriousness leads to an impairment of his gliding ability. He begins to falter and splats onto the roof of a skyscraper.

Y/n: Ow...

As he lies there on the roof, he begins to zone out. He takes a prolonged blink, only for the day to turn from afternoon to night in the time it takes for him to open his eyes. While he sleeps, he dreams of what could be.

Y/n: Huh?

In Y/n's dream, he awakens in a refurbished copy of the abandoned apartment he and Gwen stayed at. The evening sunset beats through the windows as Y/n stares wistfully at the apartment, not looking like a shit for once.

Y/n: Hmm...

He looks down to find that he is dressed in civilian clothes, including the sleeveless denim jacket that followed him throughout Earth 1610- also taking the time to notice he is on the famous couch. Though, he is on the left when his spot was always on the right.

Y/n: Shouldn't this be-

Gwen Stacy: -Wakey wakey.

He looks over to his spot to see none other than Gwen Stacy sitting there, though she is not quite how he remembers her. Her hair has grown back into the style it was before Miles ripped a chunk of it off, and she looks about five years or so older. Though the most prominent detail is without a doubt the engagement ring on her hand.

Gwen Stacy: You taken a vow of silence or something?

Y/n can only stare dumbfounded at the ring, assuming (and hoping) that he was the one who put it on her finger. Gwen is quick to notice this and scoots up close to him, taking the rare opportunity to be the one doing the teasing.

Gwen Stacy: Having second thoughts?

She is on her knees, taller than he as he sits slumped on the couch. He looks up at her as she draws close- only for Spider-Man to wake up atop the skyscraper, the sky painted black by night.

Y/n: Oh, come on!

No longer tired, but in a bad mood, Y/n gets up. He looks around and prepares to dive from the skyscraper- only to notice he's all out of webbing, probably due to overuse in his delirious state.

Y/n: Yeah, that might as well happen.

And that's how Y/n ended up in a employees only elevator at 3 AM in the morning, he just counted his lucky stars that the building was still open. There is only one other man in the elevator, he stares at the superhero who does his best not to notice him.