Meeting the Enemy.

Over a week. Ten business days. The new year came and went, their usual party was held, and Sera managed to successfully avoid it with her blunt answers and cold expressions. Snow was somehow worsening and getting better each day, and then Idris flew home. His band was due to start touring again, so she said farewell.

A mix of emotions swallowed Sera as she waved goodbye. For one, crying would be easier, but for another, his playful conversations couldn't make her smile as she sipped on whatever awful concoction of alcohol he had mixed.

Home was quiet again, and it was sweet relief for her ears, but it was blistering for her cold heart that shrank a few sizes smaller. She was starting to wonder when she would hate Christmas and live on a mountain, and then Sera realised that she already hated Christmas and she lived in a tall complex of flats with a lift that slipped a little too fast. She was the Grinch. She just needed a dog.

Nothing felt more heartless, however, than the minute everyone caught sight of Allred. Garcia may have "accidentally" learnt that Allred was a contestant for the job back when the two offices were being split into three. The sight of him made all of their hearts fill their mouths.

'She really is leaving,' Reid hopelessly remarked. 'I didn't think she'd really do that. She loves us,' he complained.

'Everyone leaves in the end,' Prentiss darkly mentioned.

While Reid would never say it, he couldn't help but feel like she didn't have the right to talk since she had left for several months a year before. Instead he sat at his desk and watched Allred's fat body bounce through the room.

From her office, Sera walked out and slowly approached him. 'Agent Allred, pleasure to meet you,' she announced as she stuck a hand out for him to shake.

His fingers wrapped around her palm, and he swiped his hair back with the other. His blue eyes scanned Sera over as he noticed her figure that was hidden behind her suit. She saw his hungry eyes, but she had also seen the pictures of his fake ex-wives, and she shared some disturbing similarities.

The kink for gingers had never occurred to her until she read some of the things Allred posted, not realising that others could see. He was lucky that his early days in the FBI were so good or he would undoubtedly be out of a job. 'Oh please, the pleasure is all mine,' he praised.

Allred kissed Sera's knuckles, and she had to imagine kicking him down the stairs while declaring 'this is Sparta' to prevent throwing up. The thick chunks of dandruff in his crown told a story that she didn't like. Prentiss would not like him, and he would not like her.

'If you'll come with me,' Sera sweetly offered as she pulled her hand back and gently wiped her knuckles against her thigh. 

Blinds were left open, but the door was shut as Sera gestured for Allred to take a seat. He promptly took the offered seat and she sat at her desk. 'I will say, Vilein, your email was unexpected,' he slowly commented.

Sera quietly agreed with him while trying to size him up as subtly as she could. 'Well, the director mentioned that you were put forward for this job as well, and I believe that there is always a lot to learn from others,' she lied.

'Of course. This team has improved significantly under your skilled hands, but I didn't think you would want my advice. Agent Hotchner is your colleague, he seems to have won the FBI over, and he made it clear he doesn't appreciate my opinion,' Allred remarked. An essence of bitterness ran through his words, making her think that perhaps he wasn't a fan of Hotch.

'Well, Hotchner and I aren't the same person. In fact, he never mentioned meeting you before,' Sera curiously responded. 'So, why don't you tell me about what you do now?' She asked.