2.

A shrilling sound fills my room and when I wake to see where it was coming from, I see Neriah bursting through, almost breaking the door down. The air has a faint smell of dirt and soot as if the room was caving in from a wildfire that would normally happen in the forest. Sweat beads down my temple, having Neriah run back out to get me a bowl of water to wash the saltiness off my face. Touching his hand again it's still freezing with no pulse either. Dipping a rag into the bowl, he's about to wipe my forehead for me until I do it myself. "I know my mother trusted you to take care of me, but I can handle things on my own." I clean my face then neck and feeling his eyes lingering I turn and do my chest.

Wringing out the rag I placed it on the side of the bowl seeing the piece of paper the fringed hair woman made me write on and read it trying to understand her message.

Look where there's darkness and the person who seeks your attention is there...when you find them you'll find a way to help me.

Folding the piece of paper and putting it in my drawer, I hand the bowl and rag to Neriah.

"I'm going to be entering different realms today," standing from sitting up in bed, I walk over to my wooden closet observing the clothing hanging inside.

Neriah, still in the room, bows his head not saying anything else and I'm trying to decipher the message left.

Picking out something to wear I fill the bathtub and soak for a while then get dressed getting ready to enter the Specter.

Before leaving, I write down something for Neriah to see then go out to the garden.

In the middle of the flowered area there's an old stone folly that's curved almost into a dome but has an open space where you can reach anywhere in the realm you're living in and another just by passing through.

Closing my eyes and stepping through, I think of the place I want to go and goosebumps creep up my arm. I opened my eyes to see the Specter darkened with only this wave of lust, toxins and dark energy lingering until I started walking to a sign that says Moribund. As I got closer the feeling intensified and my heart started pounding incredibly loud in my ears over the music that can be felt as it bounced off the cave like walls as you walked in more. I've only heard and seen pictures from my mother's journals about creatures in the night but seeing them up close like this...it was mind blowing.

Their eyes glowed a crimson red and to make it more obvious their fangs sprung out as they smelt me as I walked by.

Not being prepared, I tried to get out of harm's way but felt chills form as someone's hands latched onto the back of my neck as they dragged me back to the corner. The creature smells me and hisses knowing I'm not even close to being human but still wanted to sink their fangs into my neck. Throwing their head back they eject their fangs and get ready to bite me until someone else grabs hold of them and bangs their head onto the bar counter holding them down. "We have rules here don't we?" His voice being as deep as it was, sent fear through the person's body and mine. Having their fangs go away they look at me and mutter out an apology.

Already becoming a target in this mysterious place I just nodded and started retracting back to where I entered until the man who saved me stopped me saying, "You're not exactly human are you?" Tapping on the counter of the bar and putting up two fingers to the bartender, he signals for me to sit as the drinks he ordered get made. "Blood is blood though," I sat being cautious. The man smirks, liking my answer and nods, sliding the drink my way and sipping his. "So what were you cursed with?" Sniffing the dark liquid inside the glass cup, it burns my nostrils telling me it's a hundred percent alcohol. "I don't think I should tell a creature like you what I am," taking a sip I make a face at how strong it is, almost coughing.

Being smitten by the gesture he smiles showing that even though he can kill his smile could too.

"If I guess right, you have to at least have two more drinks with me."

To me that sounded like a plan of having me drunk so I wouldn't stop whatever he was thinking of doing to me, so I pushed the glass cup away from me and shook my head, "One is good enough," getting up I feel lightheaded all of a sudden and the floor felt unstable making me almost fall over. Trying to walk forward I bump into another vampire and they hiss angrily until the guy who saved me, holds onto my side and guides me through the crowd to a separate area. Holding my head as I'm seated, I feel a sharp pain then droplets of blood fall from my nose again.

"This is the worst time to have a nosebleed," I say to myself as I hear someone trying to jiggle the door open until mystery guy opens it giving the person a cold glare warning them to walk away. Having a handkerchief in his suit pocket, he hands it to me then goes to the mini bar in the private room we're in pouring himself a cup of what looks like blood. Dabbing my nose clean I cleared my throat and thanked him feeling a little bit uncomfortable watching him drink blood like fine wine. "When do you think I can leave?" I say as he licks the corner of his lips.

"This place doesn't close since it's always night here."

Thinking of something I try to stand but still feel lightheaded.

"I need a bathroom then."

Tracing the rim of his cup he taps on it with his finger thinking to himself then asks, "What's your name?" Seeing my face clearer in the light he has the same look Neriah had. "Oriana..." I answered as he got closer examining my face. "Your face..." he points while looking directly into my eyes, "It's familiar." Feeling sick I stand leaning on the wall trying to balance myself up, "Bathroom? Now." He points to a doorway on the right of him and I go locking the door behind me while I sit on top of the toilet.

Taking a deep breath in and closing my eyes releasing it, I remembered how to summon the Specter's exit and do just that being in my garden again but barely able to stand up.