17.

Feeling my legs bandaged while I'm in Darce's bed, I turn to see him actually sitting in the corner of the room in a chair, slouched in a sluggish posture. His hair is limp with no real volume like it usually was, his eyes fixated on the words written on the century old paper, I sit up watching him in secret. Sensing me, he looks up from the book closing it, "How are you feeling?" Getting up he places the book on the edge of his dresser. I shrugged, "I'm fine." He sits on the bed next to me being so close that I can actually feel the cold he brings with him. "Tell Marv I'm sorry for having him be like Alfred from Batman when it comes to helping you guys out when it comes to me." Darce shrugs now, "He doesn't mind," being caring towards me, he fixes the blanket until I stop him.

"I'll be gone once Leon comes back...when I am... promise me something?"

Looking into my eyes he nods slowly, "Sure."

"Don't push Neriah away again and same for him. I don't want you two to become strangers again. He needs you and I think you might need him."

Darce licks his bottom lip looking down shaking his head scoffing, "You act like you're never coming back," and when I don't answer he looks back up searching my thoughts and holds my hand out of nowhere. "Oriana," He says with conviction not agreeing.

"I need to work on my abilities, save mirrored souls and my mom Darce."

"Does Neriah know this?"

I shake my head, "He thinks it's for just a little bit, to stay out of Leon's dad's way."

"It's a bad idea Oriana."

Holding his hand back and actually touching his face, short but intense waves of emotions triggered something having us both caught in a moment of lustful glances between each other.

"I'll come back Darce," I say as he keeps eyeing me down ready to place his lips on mine until Marv walks in.

Moving, I push my curls back, clearing my throat thanking Marv.

"Right," He says, picking up on the vibes between Darce and I.

Giving them privacy I walk down the stairs seeing Neriah at the bar trying to wrap his brain around my decision still feeling like he failed my mother.

"Stop being in your head," I sat by him touching his arm.

He sighs, "Your mom would have killed me knowing everything that's happened."

Laying my head on his shoulder still worn out he looks down caught off guard but pushes a curl behind my ear generously.

"She would actually be proud that you went this far for me and even talked to Darce again."

Nodding he says, "I guess you're right but I still-" I cover his mouth looking up to him, "Stop belittling yourself and just take this time to reconnect with Darce the right way without any complications." Moving my hand from his mouth he's about to tell me something but Leon walks in.

Leon sees me on Neriah getting envious, bitter, wondering why I was on him so comfortably.

"Leon, you're back." I sit up almost feeling energized just by the sight of him.

Darce watching from up top, noticed.

"Yeah, everything is ready."

Hopping off the chair I was in I go to him and start asking about the place but he just keeps quiet.

"You'll see once we leave here," going to hold my hand Neriah says something to intervene.

"Will she be able to have us see her?"

Leon goes to answer but I answer instead, "Everything will be alright Neriah, I got this."

I turn to Leon saying, "Let's get going," with doe eyes and he nods taking hold of my hand, Darce clenches the railing from up above having his knuckles turn white while Neriah orders a drink from Marv.

****

Edur wipes his hands from killing a creature wanting their blood for a locator spell to find his son since Leon cloaked himself entirely.

Standing over a cauldron he puts in what he needs, saying a spell.

A small gust of smoke then fades with a swoosh sound leaving a miniscule hint of where Leon might be heading.

"We'll see who ends up with the last Soothsayer on their hands," he snickers.

****

Leon lets me look around the protected realm he made for just the two of us, following everywhere I went with just his eyes, charmed by just the small things I do.

"What?" I chuckle out.

Shrugging and leaning on the wall he says, "I never understood why people fell in love, I mean I never focused on that frugal thought."

"Love? Have you never fallen in love before?" I ask.

Peeling himself off the white colored wall he shakes his head, "What exactly is love? Is it pain? Resentful?" Walking around me he leans down into my ear and says, "What exactly is it to you?" Turning, being face to face, I catch my breath in my throat. "Looks like I don't have an answer either..." Our eyes locked more as he began to lean in ready to kiss me and I was leaning in too until we both stopped scared of what might actually happen.

"Leon...I'm scared," I say still close to his face, tired of putting on this brave act I had going for myself.

Cupping my face he scrunches his eyebrows and says, "My dad won't find us, okay?" When he caresses my cheek I give in to having my lips press on to his.

As he has his other hand travel down to my waist, a small sting forms where it stops.

Moving a little I turned facing away from him wanting to see if there was a mark left and there was.

"What's wrong?" He asks looking to where my eyes are lingering.

Turning back to him I just shook my head, "Nothing," then looked around more finding my room.