10.

My mom is fixing her hair in her bathroom mirror while washing her hands from the pancake mix goo all while smiling here and there at me. A knock on the door makes her happily nervous, striking me shocked as if she's never seem this way. Fixing her dress she answers and a familiar blue-eyed man walks in with roses kissing her cheek. My mother clears her throat smiling, "Oriana, this is Edur...my boyfriend." I raise an eyebrow, "Boyfriend?" She nods as he puts his hand out for me to shake, "It's nice to finally meet you," he says scarily off putting. "You too?" When I shake his hand I get a nosebleed out of nowhere. "Na," My mom says, handing me a napkin worried. "I'm okay mom, probably just the hot air from outside," tilting my head back I go to the fridge to get water.

"Are you sure you're okay? I was going to go with Edur to the market but if you're not okay I'll stay."

I shake my hand, "No mom, go, have fun."

She kisses my head then squeezes my arm lovingly before leaving with her boyfriend.

The air shifts slowly making me get the chill like I just caught a cold, so I go over to the thermostat to see what number it's on but it's set at the normal temperature. Another knock is at the door and I take the napkin out my nose answering, "Yes?" The person breathtakingly handsome smiles while carrying tools for gardening at his side. "I'm Neriah, I'm here to take a look at your garden." Neriah? Where have I heard that name before? I nod, "Sure it's just out that way," I follow behind watching him open the doors to it.

"Have we met before?" I say getting a strong feeling of deja vu.

Placing the bag down he shakes his head, "No, this is my first time seeing you." He smiles brightly being friendly but I get another chill then my head starts to throb with a painful headache.

Neriah notices getting ready to offer to help me inside until I walk back by myself.

What's going on? I hold my head more as I get into my room feeling the atmosphere change as I stumble in from the massive pain growing by the moment in my skull.

"Oriana! Run!"

A small voice screams but with no person in sight to match it.

Gripping onto the edge of my bed, a hand touches my shoulder but when I turned back it was Edur.

"I thought my mom and you left?" I hastily say.

His hand bares into my shoulder creating a sharp prick having me gasp in pain then things turn from pain to nothing at all as I fall unconscious.

****

The two Baird brothers search crazily for Oriana as soon as she vanished into thin air while talking to Neriah in the kitchen.

"What were you two doing when she just disappeared in front of you?" Darce asks as they walk through the Specter.

"Nothing serious," Neriah shrugs while walking behind his brother.

"And poof? She was gone just like that?"

Neriah stops looking at his brother, annoyed, "Like you really give a rats ass about her."

Darce turns to his brother chuckling, "How do you know what I care about or don't?"

Neriah scoff, "You only cared about what you wanted and never how it would affect others around you."

Darce nods, "Odette again? Really? Riah how many times do I have to say it for you to believe me?"

Neriah brushes past his brother aggressively, almost knocking him over but he holds his ground clenching his teeth making his jaw twitch.

"I loved her more than anything Riah! I wouldn't have her killed!"

Neriah stops walking, turning to his brother now inches away from his face, "You don't get to say that! You don't get to say you loved her when you knew what she really meant to me!" Both now ready to throw punches, a light catches their attention then the five doors Oriana once saw. "Come on," Neriah walks towards it, still angry but trying to keep himself in control, not wanting to disrupt the order of the Specter as Oriana's mom once taught him.

Darce takes a deep breath before following behind Neriah seeing the doors as well.

The key Oriana had is glimmering on the ground then gets stolen by a creature Darce is more familiar with having him grab it's head as it hisses and produces a toxin they use to paralyze their victims.

"What are those?" Neriah says wide eyed as the creature snarls producing more toxins.

"Think a lizard and a scorpion came together and here is their offspring."

Neriah tilts his head, "A Rorpion?" Darce tosses the creature after snapping its neck effortlessly, "Yeah something close to that."

Both keep going grabbing the key unlocking the door and hearing it creek open.

****

I woke up to my mom placing a washcloth on my head worried something was wrong, "Oh Na you had me scared sick," helping me sit up I held my shoulder getting a stinging sensation from what felt like a bug stinger that might've got stuck inside of it. "What happened?" I questioned fuzzily not knowing what exactly happened. "Edur came to get my wallet and saw you on the ground and helped you in bed then called out for me." Trying to recall the event, my head strains making small vision dots appear.

"Don't worry I called Edur's son to watch over you."

Son? He has a son?

"Oh...okay."

She places a small kiss on my forehead tapping my leg leaving the car parked out front.

A few moments later a blue eyed, blonde curly head boy walks in with a leather bag hanging from his shoulder, "Hi, I'm Leon," he puts his hand out to me but I completely ignore it while walking to the kitchen grabbing something to eat and only see yogurt, baloney, old pizza and a sushi platter that seemed promising.

"You don't have to babysit, I'm old enough, " I say, digging into the dragon roll.

Light comes through having his blue eyes shimmer endlessly like the ocean would if the sun was to hover over it.

"Just doing my dad a favor," he shrugs, sitting grabbing the other roll biting into it.