24.

In Leon's mind Oriana was the one thing that could rectify what he had done to Vega and Charles. He felt as if he saved her and welcomed these unfamiliar feelings towards her, he would be purified by the bad things he has done. To him she was an angel of forgiveness, pureness and a true form of love...love he never had before or thought of until she came into his twisted life, world. So, when he saw Neriah and her kissing the way that they were, filled with so much heat, passion, genuineness? He couldn't contain the hurt or anger that was created by that blissful moment. Oriana wanted to explain, talk it out with Leon but his new feeling turned into an old habit one as a switch had flipped inside of him.

"I thought we had something? I thought we were som-something?" Leon asks Oriana and himself, still hazy from the display he saw.

Oriana's mouth was moving, words were coming out but Leon was having an in and out of body experience as he took the needle out jabbing it into her chest where her heart was.

After he inserted the needle his hand dropped to his side and he vanishes to the realm where Oriana's home is, destroying everything inside losing all good stored within him.

****

A tear drops from my eye onto my cheek as the poison rushes into my bloodstream creating the black like veins all over instantly. Whatever was inside the needle was ten times worse than the one I had before making my body go limp. My eyes flickered until I saw a small blurred face being Neriah picked me up rushing me to Darce to Moribund hoping he could fix this...fix me.

Breaking down the door to Moribund, Marv comes out from the liquor room and sees Neriah on edge entirely.

"Where's Darce? Where's my brother!" He yells out scared that the more he stands there with me in his hands I'll slip away.

Darce enters while throwing on a shirt from being accompanied by someone female ushering Marv to have her leave.

"Riah? What-" He sees me and the black veins grow continuously while in Neriah's arms.

"Help, please..." Neriah hands me over to him and keeps his eyes on me like a man giving away his dying true love would.

"Marv!" Darce sternly shouts while bringing me somewhere other than his room, entirely different and more secret tunnel like.

Marv grabs some things, meeting them down there with a book almost like Edur's.

Being in and out I noticed trying to speak, "H-How do y-you have that?"

Darce opens it skimming through finding something then answers with, "It pays to be bad my love," then has Marv pass him a small bowl and switchblade.

"When you've been in the dark so long, you learn how to cure what happens in the dark too."

Darce says cutting his palms repeating a few words close to what Odette spoke, "Inveni radicem et sana eam cito," which means, find the root and heal it fast. How did I know that? I didn't. When looking to the side of him Odette stood right by him repeating it back in English for me to understand. Looking to the other side I see Charles with a girl a bit older than him repeating something as well. The lights buzzed so loud it ruptured leaving glass spewing out everywhere, having Neriah and Marv duck down.

"Is that supposed to happen?" Marv asks shakily.

Darce watches his palms heal while taking the bowl with his blood to me placing it on the needle mark and rubbing it, having it burn simultaneously.

"Must've had helped from the other side," He answers while still having his blood enter my wound.

Neriah looks to his brother stunned he would know any of this stuff.

"Close your mouth Riah," Darce says without even looking up to know his brother's mouth was hanging wide in shock.

"How? I mean I know you could help but not with this..."

Marv clears his throat trying to seem justified for what he's about to say until Edur shows up pinning him to the wall with his mind.

"Finally my son has done something right in this eventful mess we've made here," He smiles at the sight of me but stops seeing Darce's blood lathered onto the needle mark.

"Radix remedii?" Edur asks Darce, amazed by his knowledge.

Darce's jaw tightens with anger but plays along to create a distraction, enough for Neriah to get me out and him to handle Edur as best as he could.

"Root of cure isn't that hard to learn," Darce shrugs nonchalantly.

Edur scoffs, "Not hard? It took me at least two centuries. How'd you learn something so advanced since you're just the devil's spawn?"

Darce looks over Edur's shoulder as Neriah gathers me in his arms turned away from them both.

"Ever seen an angel with horns?" Darce sarcastically says then folds his arms, "I'm something in between," grinning cockily, Edur laughs low nodding.

"And I guess I'm the devil with a halo?"

Darce nods, "I would just say just a bastard entirely, you know the real fucked up one?"

Edur unbuttons his coat, sitting being in his ego, forgetting why he was really there.

"Did you have a teacher?" He asked seriously.

Marv, still pinned to the wall, coughs as the pressure keeps applying even if Edur isn't focusing all his power on him.

"Let Marv come down and we can go over shitty notes."

Edur doesn't even have to look at Marv to say, "Marv works for me, a spy of some sorts."

Darce looks to Marv whose face is turning red from the lack of air he's now getting.

"Spy?"

Edur eyes Darce tapping his chin, "He's about to expire and I'm looking for a replacement actually," thinking of the idea and liking where it was going in his head he stands walking up to Darce. "I'll grant you what I promised Marv," Edur says, giving up his thirst for a Soothsayer, but an apprentice with the knowledge of one with the blood of a demon and life of a vampire.