26.

Echoes from every wall makes my head throb with deprivation of air, blood and dehydration as blood still drips down from where I'm impaled. Instead of it being liquidity, it's become almost like molasses, piling on the floor underneath me. As I'm about to shut my eyes, a small voice jerks me back with a female voice in the background, sounding hurt.

"Hurry before he comes back for her," Charles tells his sister as she struggles to get me off the nail.

Charles reaches up to help as Vega grunts in pain from the claw mark imprinted into her ghostly arm.

"She's lost a lot of blood," Vega says as she helps me walk, placing my arm behind her neck to balance me up.

Charles takes the other side but when they're about to get me out of there the deep voice growls knowing someone other than me was in his home.

"Go..." I say already ready to meet death at the door.

"No, we need you alive," Vega says determinedly.

Gaining some strength, Vega has Charles walk faster as they make it to another realm.

"One more time..." Vega says to Charles who's struggling to keep up.

Charles nods while adjusting my arm behind his neck, holding my hand as Vega has us jump to a farther realm.

"Okay, let's get her settled over there," Vega tells Charles as Vega's arm gives out.

Charles tugs on my body until it lands on the couch that's in the abandoned house they hide out in together while in the Specter.

Watch her as I change, then we'll check how bad her wound is."

Vega says adjusting her hoodie, revealing the cut more, having Charles cover his mouth at the stench it was giving off.

"Yeah, those bitches pack a heavy punch," Vegas says to herself, seeing Charles' reaction.

Walking off to her temporary room, she pulls a hoodie off the hanger while taking the one she had on off slowly as the wound stung every movement she made.

****

"I've proved myself to be trusted again, now what's the issue?" Leon says to his father uninterested in his mood swings.

Edur sitting on his crystallized throne shrugs, "You let the Khiona's dinner go. Can't you manage to get anything right?"

Leon, over his father's bullshit scoffs walking away entering his room slamming the door with his mind.

"Get your head back on track Leon!" Edur hollers from his throne.

Leon sits at the edge of his bed, head in his hands, contemplating what he's becoming.

This is what you wanted. She played with your heart, your emotions. No one will blame you for getting rid of the vermin she was.

A deep voice says mingling inside his head, playing mind games, making him more unhinged.

She deserved it. She's nothing. Now make that Baird brother suffer...have Neriah suffer.

Springing to his feet, Leon has his room door fly open and makes his way to Moribund.

Before actually going inside he sees Marv's body being held up, crucified for every creature, vampire and soul to see what a traitor to Darce Baird looked like.

"Have one hell of a nerve to show your face here after that stupid ass plan your father suggested to me, being an apprentice? To him? Yeah when hell crosses over and I'm greeted by Satan himself."

Darce says wiping his hands from cleaning up Moribund and the bar counter.

"I just want your brother. Where is he."

Darce tilts his head shaking his finger at Leon, "You stuck a needle in Oriana's chest, had her ready to hear the angel trumpets, but you're worried about where my brother is?"

Leon tries to use his abilities to have Darce close his mouth until he realized it did nothing to him.

"I really have to thank the person who taught me all the ways not to be mind screwed by you fuckers."

Darce's eyes then changed to the crimson red that strikes a nerve in people let alone scare, but Leon just laughs taking Darce as a literal joke.

"Vampires have no effect on us," Leon pridefully says.

Nodding, Darce shrugs, "Maybe for the others no, but I'm not them."

One quick glide and Darce has Leon by the neck gripping it tightly as his nails dig into his throat, "What do you want from my brother," He asks coldly. Leon reaches for something in his back pocket and hearing Neriah walk in, Darce turns, then Leon stabs Darce with a wooden dagger he made knowing Darce would be the first obstacle to Neriah's suffering.

"You vampires are always so predictable," Leon says as Darce lets go, touching the dagger that's poking out his chest and into his heart.

Neriah jumps down rushing to his brother, being too late when his body slumps over to the side as he begins to lose blood. Neriah takes hold of him, now being on his back looking up to his baby brother. "Don't let this break yo-you, Darce says with the little bit of breath he has left in him, Neriah shakes his head, tears streaming down onto Darce's shirt. "Don't–" Darce keeps trying to speak, saying, "I'm sorry for being a shitty big br-brother." Losing color, his breathing is almost coming to an end until he says, "I love you Riah...please r-r-rememebr that," Closing his eyes, Neriah screams out in pain holding his brother in his arms, almost rocking back and forth not believing his only family is...gone.

"Hurts doesn't it?" Leon says, smiling happily.

Neriah, still gripping Darce's body, ignores Leon.

"Did it absolutely break your heart? Riah."

Neriah looks at Leon enraged, placing Darce down and standing to face Leon head on.

His eyes turn the same crimson red as his brothers as his vampire side comes out, only wanting to do one thing to Leon, murder him.

"Give it your best shot," Leon says, reading Neriah's thoughts.

Neriah, ready to rip Leon's spinal cord out of his body, listens as bare feet hit the stairs steps, one by one.

Leon trails his eyes to the noise and sees Oriana almost glowing with a hundred percent health, shitting in his pants, seeing her eye color is different from her original while one is half and half still showing that caramel brown.