Royal Mess Up

~~Slender's Pov~~

"Shit," Offender curses. "How? She's been here the whole time!"

"She went to the lake," Splendor tells them.

"The lake is still part of the mansion. He has no way of finding her," Slender explains. "There has to have been something else."

"How could he possibly......," Trender trails off before panic hits him. "She nearly died. Her heart stopped during the surgery because of the stress. He must have sensed us around her."

"He can do that?" Offender cries in surprise.

"Unfortunately," Trender sighs. "What do we do? If we don't find him and cut whatever tie she has to him it is all going to lead to her death. And no, don't you dare say it's a good thing Slender. It's awful and she doesn't deserve it."

"Why? Why should we bother for a mere human? Do you know how hard it is to sever a demon's hold on someone? He can have another minion take his place. Plus it's Zalgo. He's not going to do it. Either she joins him or she dies," Slender points out. "Nothing we can do about it."

"What if we talked to Lucifer? You two are on good terms right?" Splendor points out. "He can sever it!"

"Lucifer is busy. He's not going to change his schedule for one human," Slender growls in annoyance. "Just stop. We are not risking our lives for someone we barely know."

"What about Sally?" Trender points out. "What are you going to tell her?"

"That an accident happened with Zalgo. Everyone already knows to fear him. They'll understand her death is an unavoidable accident," Slender points out. "Simple as that."

~~Your Pov~~

You jerk awake with a gasp when your mind tries to have another nightmare, feeling for Splendor in the bed. You frown when you don't find him, throwing off the covers and rushing out. You search for him everywhere before finally trying the basement. You pause in the darkness of the open door when you see all four brothers. You probably shouldn't snoop but something is telling you they're having a conversation you definitely don't want to miss.

"You're cruel. Why even grab her in the first place and let Sally see her? This all could have been avoided," Splendor tells his brother. "You brought her here instead of killing her. That's on you."

"You're the one who's telling Sally," Offender growls. "This is your decision Slender. I just hope you make the right one."

"Shame on you," Trender hisses. "You've sentenced her to death offering her up to Zalgo."

"Good. I'll serve her on a silver platter," Slender barks back.

Your eyes widen and fill with tears from his words, not even being silent as you bolt up the stairs and out of the mansion. You just run through the trees, having no idea where you're going. You just know you can't stay for another second. You stumble over a tree root, barely catching yourself with your hands. Your arms tremble as you hold yourself up, guiding your trembling body into a sitting position. You cover your mouth and you cry. You don't know what else you can do.

It's all overwhelming and you've officially been sentenced to death. A bunch of feelings overwhelm you and all you can do is sob. You don't know why but in this moment you're scared and you feel so alone.

"Such a shame isn't it? Nearly accepting my hand," A demonic voice cuts through your crying. "Now I'm with you and you can't escape."

"Please, I don't want to die," You breathe.

"Then show me how to find Slender Mansion," He growls, suddenly grabbing you by the throat and slamming you against a tree.

"Never," You gasp as you desperately claw at his arm. "You may as well kill me now."