Fears and Threats

~~Sally's Pov~~

"Swimming time! Swimming time!" Sally cheers as she skips down the stairs.

"Slow down so you don't trip!" You call after her.

"But I'm so excited to swim! I love going to the ocean!" Sally tells you. "It's so much fun! You learned how to swim right?"

You freeze at her words as your cheeks flush bright red, a few of the pastas looking up from what they're doing to look at you. Sally turns around when you go silent, a huff leaving her. In all the places by the ocean she sent you you never learned how to swim?!

"I learned the basics?" You tell her.

She shakes her head and marches off to go find daddy. Someone needs to teach you! You never went in the water without a life jacket when she was growing up. Sally knows you know how to swim you just don't do it. She never really asked you why now that she thinks about it. The only time she's seen you in the water without a life jacket is when you've saved people. Sally remembers when she was littler and she fell into the deep end of a pool before she knew how to swim. People said you threw off the life jacket so fast people thought you just tore the whole thing in half at first.

"Daddy! Mommy doesn't know how to swim!" She says, loud and clear for everyone one to hear.

"You never learned how to swim?" Daddy asks, poking his head out of the kitchen to look at you.

"I learned! I just.....don't do it," You mumble with pink cheeks. "I don't like going into the water without a life jacket."

"Which is perfectly understandable. That's why I got you one," Uncle Trendy says, handing you the (f/c) life jacket. 

"I'm fine in an emergency," You mumble softly.

"The ocean isn't really the place to learn but I can help you," Daddy offers.

Sally frowns when you go quiet, feeling bad for having announced your swimming issue to everybody. You've been here for six months now but she knows how you are. You don't like talking about yourself. If it wasn't for the fact she's your daughter she wonders if you would have kept your feelings to yourself your whole life. You know plenty about everyone else, plus daddy did need to know you have a hard time swimming so he can keep an eye on you.

"I don't really need to learn. I know how, it's just.....," You trail off.

"What happened?" Daddy asks, Sally tilting her head to the side.

"I....I've almost drowned a few times," You mumble softly. "And.....I lost a friend to drowning."

Everyone goes quiet at your words but work together to cheer you back up. Sally can swim but she'll gladly stay closer to the shore with you!

~~Your Pov~~

"I was just offering. Please don't feel pressured," Slender says when it's just you and him in the mansion after he teleports everyone to the vacation spot, having hung back with you to make sure things are okay.

"It's not that. I know how I just.....panic when my head goes under water. That's why I have to wear a life jacket or else I never come up," You explains. "I have a hard time righting myself."

"You still want to go?" Slender presses gently.

"Of course I do! I can still have other fun, just no swimming in the deep ocean unless I have a life jacket," You tell him.

"Want me to wear a life jacket too?" He asks and you let out a snort of laughter.

"Okay, get on the make fun of me train," You huff out at him.