Just Me and You

~~Slender's Pov~~

He jerks up with a hard gasp, resting a hand on his pounding heart as he looks around. He's not dreaming anymore. He was having a dream of you getting hurt. Of Zalgo getting a hold of you. He's not sure how the whole soulmate thing works but he really hopes it gives you an extended life. You're a human and he doesn't want to lose you in this life. He'll always find you, but he'd rather that not be the case. Shit. He fell asleep. He stumbles out of bed, thankful he doesn't disturb Sally.

He straightens himself and then teleports to his childhood home. The vines are still in place, pressing his hand against them and letting them disintegrate into dust. He pushes open the door and steps inside, looking around for you. He sighs in relief when he sees you sleeping on the couch, chuckling at the vines cushioning you. Geez Offender, you don't need to be that protective. He walks over and reaches out a hand, yelping when a vine suddenly snaps across his hand. He shakes out the pain, glaring at the vine. The hell? Offender can't bring plants to life. He reaches out again but gets the same reaction from the vines. He's only seen this once before.

He pauses a moment when an old book on the coffee table catches his attention. He picks it up, shocked when he finds it to be his mother's diary. Where in the world did you get this?! He's searched this place a million times to find it! You clearly didn't go outside or else he and Offender would have known. How did you find something he hasn't been able to find for so many years. How did you....? He pauses when he gets to a journal entry, reading through it.

~~~~

Journal Entry:

Well, I've done it. I've sealed away my powers. I know it's going to mean certain death but I'm going to protect my sons at all costs. Lucifer has helped me do it and this is going to stay hidden until the right person for Slender comes along. He shouldn't be alone in the world. He thrives on family. I just wish I could be here as they continue to grow. I hate to burden Slender but it's either I die or we all die. My sons deserve to live their lives. The demon hunting us won't get my powers and Lucifer is helping protect the house. They'll be okay. He'll look out for them. My sons, if you ever read this, I apologize for leaving all of you. I need you to understand there was no other way. You will always come first. Your lives will always mean more than mine. I won't be there but I know you'll all grow up to be amazing creatures.

Just know, I'm looking upon you wherever the afterlife may take me. Keep your heads up and always remember. There's someone out there for you. You just, have to give things a chance. What you want may be right in front of you.

~~End Entry~~

He lets out a hard breath as he takes a step back, running into the coffee table and knocking over a glass mug. He grunts when you shoot awake and the vines snap at the ready.

"Woah! It's me! It's me," Slender cries, sighing in relief when the vines vanish.

"Slender," You breathe in relief, getting up from the couch and rushing to give you a hug.

His heart races as he wraps his arms around you, pulling you tight against him. He feels so relieved to be with you again. You're safe. Zalgo didn't win.

"Thank Lucifer you're okay," He breathes, pulling back.

Tears stream down your cheeks as he holds you. He pulls back and grasps your chin, tilting your head up and pressing a deep kiss to your lips. It's wet from your tears but he doesn't mind. You're safe and everyone is okay.

"We have a lot to talk about," You breathe, earning a chuckle from him.

"It's still late. I'm sorry I wasn't here sooner," He tells you.