018

WISTFUL

WISTFUL.
[ irl ]

a/n : early update today yw 🥱❤️❤️

bin was expecting the car ride with matt to be really awkward. but it wasn't. he put on some good music in the background and they talked like normal friends. it was strange at first because it's been so long since they've even seen each other, and now they're acting like nothing's changed? but regardless of the circumstance, it was refreshing for both of them.

"where's you favorite place to visit while on tour?" matt asks, facing the road while still paying full attention to bin and her responses. he can read her body language better than his own brothers. even out of the corner of his eye, he knows her well enough to distinguish each movement she makes.

"what is this? twenty questions?" bin jokes.

"no, i'm just curious." matt shrugs before continuing, "we've been on tour a time or two, but we've always stayed in america. we haven't been around the whole world like you have."

"well, technically, i'm not allowed to answer this question. mr vos would be pissed if he knew we were even having this conversation." bin tells matt. "but it's definitely london."

"really? why?" matt asks. he's trying not to be too weird about asking so many questions, he's just genuinely curious about what her life has been like.

honestly, even now, he's still extremely pissed at her about moving without saying anything. in the back of his mind, he's still scared that they'll get close and she'll just leave again. he really doesn't want to go through that for a second time.

"i liked the scenery, the people, and the weather." bin explains. "i enjoyed nearly everything about it, to be honest."

matt pulls into the driveway of the house. immediately, nick runs out the door to greet bin. she can tell he didn't prepare for this seeing as he was wearing a white tank top, some plaid pajama pants, and mismatched slides. but she quickly got out of the car and ran to him as well. they met in the middle and nick gave her a huge bug.

he's normally not the affectionate type, but he feels like he deserves it after four years of being separated from bin.

when nick lets go of her, they walk inside – matt tagging along behind them. as soon as they walk into the house, bin gets an unreal amount of deja vu.

for the most part, she and matt met up at their spot each night. but there were still some nights when they would go to his house instead. like if it was raining, snowing, or if they simply wanted to be indoors.