026

WISTFUL

WISTFUL.
[ irl ]

bin, willow, and kai all told each other their results right away – which annoyed mr vos since he put in effort to keep it a secret. but despite his annoyance, the manager still agreed to drive the tour bus to a store (which is against the rules because they're supposed to stay on the road from state to state).

as bin is tying the laces of her shoes, luna – her black cat – nudges her leg. bin reaches down to grab the kitten, pulling her into her lap. bin pets the cat, causing luna to purr at the feeling of being loved.

"i'm sorry, lu, but i have to go." bin apologizes, running her hand down luna's fur to make up for the fact that she's leaving for a few minutes. "but you can have all the snuggles in the world when i get back, okay?"

of course, luna doesn't understand or care about what bin's saying. but bin acts like she does because she feels bad for leaving her babies. bin sets luna back onto the ground before opening the door and stepping out of the bus.

"took you long enough." kai complains as bin walks over to where he and willow are huddled together against the side of the bus. "why are you always the last to leave?"

"why are you guys always cuddling when i get out here?" bin asks him.

"because we've been waiting on your slow ass to catch up." kai says. "what are we supposed to do? stand twenty feet away from each other so you feel better about third-wheeling?"

"yes." bin answers bluntly.

"guys!" willow intervenes. "can we just go inside?"

they all agree that it's too cold to be standing out here arguing when there's heat inside the store. also, mr vos parked at the drop-off area instead of across the whole parking lot – which means they don't have to walk as far.

kai and willow stay close together to maintain their shared body heat. meanwhile, bin acts like their feral child as she runs straight toward the entrance. she nearly smashes her head into the door, but quickly comes to a stop before she can get injured in any way.

when she gets inside, she's automatically welcomed with the feeling of warmth.

outside, it's beginning to snow. not much of it is falling, but there's some misted flakes here and there. personally, bin hates when it's cold but not snowing. she hates when the weather is in between two sections. in her mind, it should either be snowing – so she can enjoy making snowmen. or it should be warmer – so she can take off her layered clothes.

"what are you getting matt?" willow asks when she and kai walk into the store behind bin.

"i haven't decided yet." bin replies. "i want to get him something sweet and sentimental, but he pissed me off so i don't know if i want to be nice."