044

WISTFUL

WISTFUL.
[ irl ]

the bathroom is like one you'd find at a house. there aren't any stalls or anything, but it's still pretty professional looking.  bin's sitting in the closed toilet seat when she hears a knock on the door and matt's voice call out, "let me in dipshit."

she rolls her eyes before standing up from the toilet and opening the door for him. he walks in and she locks the door behind them so people think it's occupied and they'll back off.

"you're being nice." matt states. "didn't think you'd actually let me come sit with you."

"it's better than being alone, isn't it?" she points out.

bin presses her back against the wall before sliding down it and plopping onto the tilted bathroom floor. normally, she would find it gross to sit on the ground of a public bathroom. but first of all, it's pretty clean and kept up with. second of all, she doesn't really give a fuck about hygiene right now. she just needs a break from all the socializing.

"yeah, but i kinda thought you hated me now." matt says, sitting on the floor directly beside her.

bin instantly notices the way he leaves about a foot of distance between them. when they were kids, they always had to be touching. their knees, their shoulders, their hands, etc. it didn't matter where they were or what they were doing, the duo couldn't be separated even if the world was ending.

but now? now they purposely distance themselves and won't dare to touch even the slightest. bin know it's her fault. they were friends before she made june hate him. they were friends before she moved. they were friends before she absolutely ruined everything.

"i don't hate you." bin says as she stares at the floor with her voice barely above a whisper. "i don't think i could ever hate you."

matt looks at her. he knows that he's in love with her. but that doesn't mean he should treat her like she's some little crush. his feelings can't get in the way of anything. his anger toward her hasn't left just because he's realized how he feels.

but it has been buried a bit. he's loved bin nearly his whole life. his love for her has been rediscovered and it's now masking the rage he once was blinded by. regardless of any of this, his feelings won't effect anything between them.

"i'm sorry." bin says suddenly.

"for what?" matt asks despite already knowing her answer.

"everything." she specifies. "i'm sorry for running you over with my bike as a kid. i'm sorry for kissing you without asking when we were in the art room. i'm sorry for moving without telling you. i'm sorry for coming back here without warning. i'm sorry for ruining what you had going with june. i'm sorry for arguing with you over it when i knew it was my fault."