025

WISTFUL

WISTFUL.
[ irl ]

the next day, nick sent out letters informing everyone of who their secret santa is. he put everyone's name into a randomized website to get the results – well, almost everyone. he decided he wanted bin and matt to make amends. sooo, he may have tampered with the results a little bit. and by a little bit, i mean he made it so they're literally getting each other a gift without knowing. he thought this would be a good way to make them talk to each other because they'll go to exchange their presents and realize that it's with each other.

the rest of the gifts are completely random, though.

nate will buy a gift for tia.

tia will buy a gift for kai.

kai will buy a gift for nick.

nick will buy a gift for chris.

chris will buy a gift for june.

june will buy a gift for willow.

willow will buy a gift for madi.

and madi will buy a gift for nate.

nick reads his own results after mailing everyone else's out, sighing at the fact that his is boring. he has to buy something for chris. out of all people, why his brother? maybe he should have rigged his own results too.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

mr vos got an email from nick – since bin, willow, and kai don't have a mailbox to mail the letters to, he decided to just send a message to bin's manager. when mr vos saw the message, he read through it and understood that these were secret santa gifts. to avoid ruining the surprise, he told everyone their person separately.

willow's a bit confused, not knowing who madi was. later on, she does some digging and finds madi's instagram. she sees that she's a friend of the triplets, but still doesn't know what to buy her as a gift since they've never met.

when kai hears that he's getting nick a gift, he's extremely excited. he met nick after the concert – while bin was in the bathroom dealing with her boyfriend dilemma. when they first met, kai knew he adored nick. he's seen the triplet's videos, but nick was even funnier in person.

"robin, can i talk to you?" mr vos asks, peeking his head into the kitchen area. she's grabbing a pack of goldfish when the sudden sound of mr vos's voice makes her jump.

"uh, sure." bin replies, taking her goldfish with her when she approaches mr vos. the thing is, everyone sleeps in bunkbeds which means nobody has their own separate rooms. due to this lack of space, mr vos had to improvise for privacy.

he walks into the kitchen, keeping his voice low as he tells bin that she has to buy matt a gift for secret santa. bin knows that mr vos is unaware of her drama with matt, so she decides not to show her shock and just laughs it off before saying, "haha okay. thanks for letting me know."

mr vos nods and walks off, leaving bin alone to dread everything about everything.

of course it's him. she thinks to herself.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

nick simply walked up and handed chris and matt their results. he put them in fancy envelopes with intricate swirls and twirls on the paper. chris played along, talking fancily when he was handed his paper.

he read that he was going to buy a gift for june and was really happy. he and june never had a dramatic falling out (like bin and matt) mainly because they weren't all that close to begin with. regardless, chris is still excited to see her again. it's been ages.

after his whole encounter with chris, nick walks to matt's room. he sets the envelope on the floor in front of the doorway, knocks, then runs off to watch from afar.

matt opens his door. he looks around for who knocked, but nick is pretty well hidden so matt doesn't notice. then, as he's about to roll his eyes and go back in his room, he notices the envelope on the floor. he kneels down, picking it up.

he turns it over, looking at the weirdly fancy decorations. then, he tears it up like a fucking animal. nick cringes, wanting to punch matt in the face for that. but in all honesty, matt only did that because he knows it would piss nick off. so he intends on showing him the torn up paper later on just to fuck with him.

matt pulls the letter out of the envelope, unfolding it to read the message.

"Dear Matthew,
After carefully choosing your secret Santa gift exchange, your results have finally come in. You will be purchasing a present for Robin Grey."

there's about two more paragraphs written below that, but matt doesn't give a shit. he groans before slamming his door, taking the paper with him to read over and over – making sure he's not mistaken.

of course it's her. he complains to himself.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
a/n : it's crazy that i'm writing chapter 25 while publishing chapter 3 😬😬
i'm so ahead i honestly feel rlly great 👍