Chapter 3: Command

Season 1, Episode 3

Joy and Lucy laugh as John reminds them of the money stolen from under him, "It's not funny. Who steals money that was already stolen right in front of a cop."

"Somebody stupid or desperate," Lucy reminds him. 

Jackson jogs up behind the trio, "I thought we were here to run."

"Oh, yes, we are," John nods.

"Hell no, I am here to snack on some popcorn and watch you all run," Joy shakes her head, hand brushing slightly against Lucy's thigh.

Jackson runs off, rolling his eyes as John takes after him which leaves just Lucy and Joy. They link hands.

"I should be running. Tim gets back today. I feel like I should have prepared myself somehow for the abuse to come," Lucy sighs, swinging her and Joy's hands slightly.

Joy laughs, nodding, "I would say he might cut you some slack for saving his life but I'll save my breath for when I have to speak at your funeral after Tim tests you to death."

Lucy shakes her head, "Rude. Just for that, it is time to run, Miss. Nolan. Run."

"Why do I have to?"

"Because after we can go to my place and take a shower. Just imagine me all wet and slippery from the shower," Lucy teases before running away.

"That's just playing dirty."

♡♡♡♡ 

At roll call, everyone stands to applaud Tim as he walks back in for his first shift. He stops just before his seat before pulling out a pen and popping the blow-up donut Angela and Talia got for him to sit on.

Grey had followed him in, "All right, all right, all right. Settle down. Settle down. Let's begin. You ready, Officer Nolan? Cause once again, we start with you."

"I'm flattered?" It comes out as a question.

"Don't be," Grey shakes his head, handing out paper, "Yesterday, a four-man crew disguised as zombies knocked over a cash advance near Pico and Robertson. So, Officers Bishop and Nolan were able to apprehend two of the criminals, while the other two escaped. Somehow, Officer Nolan managed to let a civilian steal ten grand in already stolen cash. Luckily, CCTV captured our thief. Still waiting on an ID."

John pipes up, "Uh, he plays guitar, if that helps."

Grey looks over to Joy, who just has her head buried in her hands before saying, "Absolutely. Because they always list special talents on your rap sheet. Miss. Nolan, what form would that be under?"

"Form D.15.065," Grey looks at her weirdly, "There is an actual form for it. I was just as surprised as you are."

Captain Anderson knocks on the door, "Captain, how can we help you?"

"First off, I wanted to welcome Tim Bradford back. If you need anything, you let either myself or Miss. Nolan know," She address Tim directly.

"Yes, ma'am," He nods.

"Secondly, we just got some new intel on our zombies. Turns out that they're responsible for a rash of armed robberies in the last six months, always disguised differently. Detectives want to get the two in custody to flip on their partners at large, but there is no guarantee, so don't stop hunting. Finally, we got a request for a civil standby. Turns out somebody's getting fired from a tech job. Supervisor's worried things may not go right."

Grey looks around the room, "Babysitting a termination- a patrol officer's favorite assignment," He rubs his hands together like a villain, "So, who shall I bless with it?"

Rookie's DaughterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara