Chapter 8: Officer Involved

Season 1, Episode 8

Joy reads her fathers report as she walks into the gym, "Did you and Bishop and a person you placed under arrest really work together to get out of an escape room?" She stops when John is flipped to the ground right in front of her, "You need to try harder."

"I am," He gets back up and faces Lucy who quickly pushes him flat on his face.

Jackson laughs as he records the fight, "I could watch this all day. And now I can."

John looks to the other rookie from the ground, "Are you recording this?"

"Yeah, just for, uh, teaching purposes," Jackson makes up.

"Send that to me," Joy whispers.

"Oh, totally," Jackson nods back.

Lucy shakes her head, "All right. Focus," Before they are again sparring, and she is taken down this time.

Jackson cheers, "Yes! Nice takedown, Nolan."

"Thanks," He says, getting up before extending a hand out to Lucy.

"Lucky move," She tells him.

Joy sets the files on the ground, "Wanna go a round, West?" 

He immediately becomes series, shaking his head, "No, no way. I've seen you wrestle someone over a yogurt."

♡♡♡♡ 

Joy sits in the back of Talia and John's shop as the TO radios in, "Dispatch, show us Code 6 at our location. How many times has this alarm gone off in the last month?"

"Six that I see."

"Thanks. We'll check the premises and advise."

John asks his TO, "You gonna miss all this when you're a fancy detective?"

She shakes her head, "Not at all."

"What about me?"

Joy snorts, "You're just asking to get slapped down now."

Stopping at the door, Talia immediately gestures to Joy, "Go back to the shop, now."

Seeing the two men at the counter, Joy nods and turns to sprint back to the shop, turning on her radio and listening in.

"Dispatch, 7-Adam-15. We have a woman with a gun. Requesting backup."

Joy waits a little while before seeing Talia come out with one of the men, "Where's Officer Nolan?"

"He was chasing after one of the subjects. They must have gone out the back," Talia puts her guy in the back of the shop before heading the back way.

"7-Adam-15, shots fired. One suspect down. Requesting RA and a supervisor."

"Copy. Starting Code 3 fire and ambulance."

Talia comes on the radio a few seconds later, "7-Adam-15. Negative on the ambulance. Suspect is deceased. Notify the Watch Commander."

"Copy."

She asks, "Time of death?"

Joy picks up her radio, "Time of death, 09:55 hours."

♡♡♡♡ 

Once Grey and Anderson arrive on scene, Joy takes Anderson's personal car back to the station. She is immediately taken to a private room where a couple officers ask her some questions.