epilogue

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight. Two, two, three, four, Gabriel, arms, seven eight. Alright, everyone, have a brief warm-down before wrapping up." Stefano clasped his hands together and we all clapped, more than a little relieved that rehearsal was finished. After all, it wasn't everyday that you finished the last rehearsal for the season. Well, it happened three times a year, but the last rehearsal of Spring was always a relaxing (read: stressful) day.

"Congratulations on a flawless season." Amit complimented me as he pulled on a t-shirt.

"You too." I returned as I pulled on a pair of pants, sitting down to lace up my sneakers. "I think we could be seeing you as a principal come fall."

His eyebrows raised at that. "Mm, no thank you. I prefer being soloist."

"Do you?" I asked, surprised at his statement. Amit had never been a particularly showy man but dramatic he was, so I would've thought he'd love the flair that came with being a principal.

"Yeah. I smoke way too much for a principal."

I sighed and picked up my bag, slowly making our way toward the exit. "Sounds like a party."

"Did I hear party?" Clarissa popped up from behind us, looking pleased. "A celebration of the last rehearsal, maybe?"

"Girl, how are you not perpetually drunk?" Amit asked her. "All I ever hear from you is 'part this, party that.' Do you not have a limit?"

"Sure I do." She argued. "I don't party Tuesday through Thursday."

"That's because you've finally for a soloist part in Cast B so you don't want to be wasted doing those pirouettes."

"Fair." She sniffed as we got outside. We stopped at the curb, knowing we were going different ways. "How about happy hour?"

"And drinks?" Amit snorted. "No thank you. I have a hot date coming to the closing party tonight and will not let you get me drunk and say something stupid to him. Do you know how long it's taken me to get this date?"

"Fine, I wasn't asking you anyway." Clarissa turned her attention to me. "Well? How about it?"

"Sorry. I've got a date too." I shrugged, neglecting that it was also my last principal show of the season and I wasn't about to screw it up by being tipsy.

She pouted. "You guys are a bunch of losers." She grumbled. "Then I guess I'll have to spend tonight in. God, what am I going to do?"

"Binge watch some awful cooking show?" Amit suggested.

"Accidentally eat a whole tub of ice cream?" I supplemented and Clarissa gawked at us.

"Oh my god, that was one time!" She stamped her foot. "Screw you guys, I'm going home." She took off down the sidewalk, sparing us a quick wave over her shoulder.