Welcome to Hotch Land.

Hello lovely readers, this is a Hotch X OC story, and I am so excited to be publishing it (excuse the mess of this story, I'm not as clever as JRR Tolkien). Additionally, this will be written as a third person fic, and that narrative does not change.

So, before you start, there are a few things that you might need to know. If you aren't triggered by much/anything, and want to raw dog this book, then please feel free to skip this chapter. But if you want a little insight, then please stick around for this little section, but regardless of who you are, please read the bits in bold a little later because it's important.

I'd like to start off by saying thank you for picking this book, there are a lot of good books on here (including THE good book, AKA, the bible), and they are all totally amazing! But before we begin, I'd like to remind you all that I am not Paramount+ or Disney+ or whatever streaming service owns it now, so none of the rights belong to me for any of the characters.

This story is the journey of OC (Seraphina Vilein), and how she navigates her time with the BAU. Seraphina, AKA Sera, is a cold, confusing woman with an English accent who finds her way over to Virginia where she works with an elite team of profilers, the BAU. Somewhere along the way, things start to change, and after some pressure from the bosses, Aaron Hotchner is forced to try and get her to open up. Of course, things go a little further than either of them could imagine.

At the time of writing this, I have recently read several FFs where the OC/YN die, and one even killed Hotch off. Let's make it clear, this story has a happy ending, I promise that it does. And I am so certain of it because it's already "written".

The problem? Well, I haven't even begun editing it, and I write like a ferret on crack. By the time I publish this chapter, a few of the later chapters will be edited, and I will be aiming for a regular upload schedule, but there are no promises since I'm studying, working, and volunteering. To make it all worse, I study, work, and volunteer in the mental health sector, sometimes I need to take a break from life.

Before you begin,

- Please do not trauma dump. I know it can feel nice, but it isn't fair on myself or the other readers. All messages that seem to dump trauma will be deleted, but I do hope you get help for anything that bothers you because you are not broken or lost.

- Please don't hate on characters, unless they're the UnSub, or just really bad people in general. But keep hate to a minimum because it's a more enjoyable experience for everyone involved if the comments are on topic, and nice. Angry messages about the characters being stupid are obviously welcomed, if they were in fact being stupid.

- I know you might not like all of the characters, either from the show or who I created, but please let them grow and don't hold them down to mistakes they made long ago. Life's all about personal development, and people in their sixties shouldn't be hated for something they did as a teenager. We all do stupid things.

- Please put yourself first. If it gets too heavy, feel free to stop reading.

- The main characters are not always going to be amazing and perfect, they're meant to be people, and people do stupid things that hurt others.

- This story does not romanticise trauma, in fact, this is about transcending trauma and learning to use it as a stepping stone and not a stumbling block for the future.

Thank you for reading all of that, now for more glaring warnings. Here are some trigger warnings, because I do not intend on prefacing each chapter, because I feel like it might spoil what happens, and all of these will repeatedly come up. Just like real life, hard things don't go away after a day/paragraph.