16: dahlia's

Me and chris walked into the store,and went over to the snacks.
"Sour patch kids?" I smile to him and take the bag of candy off the shelf, giving it to him.
"Nerds?" He grabs a pack and gives it to me, smiling back.
I dont think its that weird that we know each others fav things, rigth?
We walk over to the register and there is a man continuing a converstation whit the cashier, chris placed the candy on the desk before turning to me.
"I'ii be back, okay? I just have to get one more thing."
"Okay.." i give him a nod and he dissapeared back into the aisles.
The cashier walks away and leaves into a door.
I zone out ahead but i can feel the man next to me staring at me,

"Hello gorgeous " he speaks up and i turn my head sligthly and see his face. A smirk is plastered on his face, you can see his rotten almost black teeth. He reeks of alcohol.
I give him a nod, trying not to make any converstation at all.
"Are you alone?"
"No actually. I have my boyfriend whit me." I say. Idk why i said that, it was just the first thing that came to mind because i was panicking.
"What a shame. I was just gonna ask if you need a ride home."
"Im good." I mumble.
Now he turns facing me, i take a step back from him and cross my arms. I turn my head behind the aisle, but i cant see chris on his way back.
"Come on. I know you want it. Let me take you and your boyfriend can leave alone on his lame motorcycle." He steps closer, his hands reach over to my waist.
I push his hands away, "get off of me!" I step atleast three feet back from him.

Chris appeared from behind the aisle and took one look before stepping between me and the man, in front of me.
"Leave her alone." His hands reach in front of me, barricading me.
"Come on, let me take her on a ride." The man takes one step closer in my way, but  chris steps foward and pushes the man back by his shoulders.
"You touch her again and i'ii cut your fingers off, you dickhead" chris brings his hand into a fist.
The cashier appears once again, his eyes jump between us.
"Come on." Chris grabs my hand and leads me out of the store. He looks back to see if the man followed out, and chuckles when he sees the cashier yelling at the man.
We stop in front of the motorcycle and he turns to me, our hands still holding.
"You okay? Did he touch you?" His thumb moves up and down on my hand.
"No, im okay. Thank you"

He gets up on the cycle and puts his helmet on. "Come on, i want to show you a place."
I smile and get on behind him too, i put my helmet on and wrap my hands around him.
We arrive at an old looking shop, flowers are on the outside too and "leo's planet " is written by big letters on the top.
We walk into the store and my lips part ways when i look thru the store.
Its filled to the brim whit all types of flowers, the decoration makes me feel welcome.
"Its so beautiful.." i whipser under my breath.
The old man notices us and his face ligths up. "Chris! My boy! So nice to see you, my favourite regular."
"Hi leo" chris greets back.

The old man who is sitting in the seat has flowers all around him.
I smile when i see dahlia's, my favourite flowers.
"Dahlia's.. these are my favourite. " i grab onto one of the pedals and wipe my thumb across.
"All of the flowers are, arent they beautiful?" The man speaks up.
Me and chris smile to ourselfs.
"They definently are. Nice to meet you, im naeila ." i gently smile at the old man.
He seems so lonely,
chris smiles too.
"Im leo. My shop, ive been running for years alone." His face shows more of his wrinkles when he smiles at us once again.

Me and chris walk all over the store, eyeing all the flowers.
"You have to choose something for the lady, huh?" Leo speaks up from his chair that he has in the front,
We both chukled.
We picked out some dahlia's and leo wrapped them up for us.
"Chris could you get some scissors from the back, please?"
"Sure" chris nods and walks away, dissapearing into a black door.
"Hes been my regular for years, and he has never brougth any girl here."
"Really?" I tilt my head and smile. A maroon color fills my face.
"You guys are a beautiful couple. You remind me of me and my wife.. she died a few years ago, but we were so inlove.."
I can feel my cheeks heat up, and i bite my inner cheek to drown it.

"Thank you but..were not a couple."
Leo looks up from tying the ribbon and smirks, "sure.." he goes back and continues.
Chris arrives back and gives leo the scissors, he finishes up the ribbon and hands the bouqet to us.
Chris takes his wallet out but leo stops him. "No need. This ones on the house. Just promise me you'll give them to her."
Chris smiles. "I will. Goodnigth leo"
I say bye too and we were on our way home.
When we arrive, chris stops me from getting off. He turns around on the cycle and he is now facing me. He takes his helmet off and i take mine off.
"So dahlia's, huh?" He crosses his arms a
over his chest, smiling at me. That smirk has not left his face all nigth.

"Yes..before we moved here to boston, we lived next to a big field that no one ever went to except me. I would go there everytime my parents would figth or anything like that and i would always pick a bouqet of dahlia's. Everytime i went home, i had a bouqet in my hand. But only dahlia's, nothing else."
I smile at the memory while looking down at the flowers in my hand.

"So beautiful.." i mumble.
I watch as Chris's smirk grows bigger.
His eyes land on my lips, and mine wanders onto his.
God damn.
His hands travel all the way to my waist, he gives it a squeeze. Thats his habit, he always does this.
I put the flowers into my lap and slide my hand onto his neck, interlocking behind his head.
I feel him taking a deep breath, his breathing gets heavier by second,
Mine does too.
"We shouldnt be doing this.." i whisper under my breath as we both lean closer to eachother, the tip of our noses touching.
"I know.." he whispers back before smashing our lips together.
His grip on my waist grews stronger as the kiss gets heavier, he pulls me onto him as much as he can.
I feel him smirk into the kiss when my hands run into his hair once again.

What are we doing? I dont know.
Is his lips on mine and his hands on my waist the best thing ive ever felt? You know the answer to that.

______
Guys, i promise chris will make up his mind so yall dont judge him for making out w another girl when he has a gf, but it was forced!! Lily forced chris into it.
If yall didnt realise by now, chris doesnt like lily at all.
1285 words