Part 4

The two of them spent the rest of the time in blissful silence together.

Blitz ended up falling asleep soundly, and Stolas thought it was absolutely precious.

Especially when he began hearing small purrs coming from the imp.

W-Wait! Is he purring?? Oh my gosh, he is! I can't believe he's purring while I'm holding him!~

The prince then gently rinced them both off and got out of the royal tub with the sleeping imp cradled in one of his arms.

He looks so at ease while he sleeps. Well. . .most of the time. Some nights, I can tell he's going through a nightmare, but every time he wakes up he pretends as though nothing had happened.

Stolas continued thinking to himself as he placed Blitz into bed and went back to the bathroom to try and fix his feathers up a bit while also tending to the bald patches all over himself.

Once he was done with that, he went and joined the imp in bed for the night.

I wonder. . . Will he still be here in the morning? Or will he just wander off during the night like usual. . .

The owl then turned over towards the wall and drifted off to sleep.

- The next morning -

Stolas woke up later than usual.

He then turned over and found that the red being was surprisingly still in bed, fast asleep. And what was even more surprising, he was snuggled up close to him, nearly touching each other.

The prince let out a small startled hoot at first glance, but then quickly clamped his beak shut.

H-He's so close. . . I mean, of course I definitely don't mind but-

The owl's thoughts were interrupted by the imp beginning to move and let out a yawn as he halfway opened his eyes trying to adjust to the morning light.

"Mornin', birdy." Blitz spoke with a small smug-like smile.

Stolas couldn't help but slightly blush since they were still so close, "M-Morning, heh. How did you sleep?" he asked.

"Honestly, that's the best sleep I've had in a while." the imp replied as he stretched.

A sincere smile grew on Stolas's face as he said, "I'm glad to hear that, Blitzy." and began to rub the imp's head.

Blitz allowed the prince to do so as he thought to himself. . .

Fuck. . . He's so cute. . . I wanna tell him, but I don't wanna freak him out or anything.

"What is it, Blitzy?" the prince asked as he noticed his dear imp wandering in thought.

"I think. . . I think I should head out. I gotta go to work later anyways." Blitz replied as he uncovered himself and sat up.

Before the red being could stand up, he felt the prince wrap his soft feathered arms around his torso in a gentle embrace.

This made Blitz hesitate any further movement.

"Blitz. . . Could you. . . Could you maybe stay a while longer, please?" Stolas requested in a low but still sweet tone.

The imp didn't dare move still, or even utter a word as he thought to himself. . .

Is this. . . Is this what it feels like to be wanted. . .? To be needed by someone?

Blitz then gently placed a hand on the prince's, continuing to accept his embrace.

"I. . . I guess I could stay a bit longer." the imp finally answered softly.

Stolas let out a small sigh of relief as he continued to hold his dear Blitzy.

After a few more minutes of the blissful moment, Blitz finally got tired of the silence and being still for far too long.

The red being reached around a hand and began to lightly scribble on the bird's side.

The prince first let out a small startled hoot that soon turned into fits of giggles and immediately let go of the imp.

"Bl-Blihihitz!! Stawhp!!" Stolas let out before falling into more laughter and pushing Blitz's hands away.

Blitz of course had a little mischievous grin on his face as he continued his playful attack on the royal bird, "What's the matter, birdy? Can't defend yourself from a few tickles? I guess you'll just die laughing your feathered ass off then."

Stolas then finally found an advantage after noticing the imp's movement patterns.

The owl was able to pin down the imp by the wrists and onto his back.

This caught Blitz by surprise.

Damn, that was hot.

"Blitz?" the prince spoke.

"Yeah?" the red being replied.

The playful aura seemed to shift as tension rose.

The owl then released his hold on the imp and sat up. "If I may, I was wondering something. . . What- What exactly are we?" Stolas asked insecurely as he didn't dare look towards the imp.

- End of part 4

~ Note ~
The long awaited part 4 is finally here!! I do apologize for the delay. After the bug/glitch issue had taken over this story specifically, I wasn't sure what to do. Especially after customer service wasn't even much help. So I had left it alone and moved on for a bit. I have found a way around it though, and this story will continue and have an official ending! ♡ Also, maybe check out my all original story, Zemblanity and let me know what you think!! You guys are the best! :3