Part 16

It was the next morning.

The owl prince woke up and found himself snuggled upon his little imp.

B-Blitzy???? W-When did he get here???

Blitz then woke up with a chuckle, as the owl's feathers accidentally tickled his tummy, "Yerheheher dahahamn f-fehehethers Stolas! Hehaha!~ Quit movin'!"

The prince then sat up with a sweet smile, "Oh, sorry, Blitzy." he hooted, "Didn't mean to, hehe."

"Heh, it's okay. How are ya feelin'?" the red being asked as he caressed the owl's cheek.

"I'm alright. A little headache is all. Not that I mind it, but what are you doing here? I don't remember you being here last night." Stolas asked politely.

Blitz then appeared nervous, "Oh, heh, well. . . I came in last night to check on you, see how you were doin'. And when I did, you were passed out on the bathroom floor, surrounded by empty wine bottles. Figured you got wasted and put you to bed. And I decided to stay with you, in case ya needed anything."

"O-Oh my!! I can't believe you witnessed me in that state. . . That's quite embarrassing. . . ." Stolas expressed as he hid his face a little.

Blitz then gently took hold of the owl's hands and pulled away from his face, "You don't gotta hide from me, birdy. I was just worried about you more than anything." he reassured the prince.

"I love you, Blitz. But I just can't help this void feeling in my chest. . . My daughter being gone, it's a feeling I'll never be able to dull in my heart. . . I miss her, Blitz. . ." Stolas expressed wholeheartedly.

Blitz could tell just how much his lovebird was hurting, and he hated it.

"Stolas, if I could do something, anything, you know I would." Blitz said to the prince.

"I know you would, Blitz, but you can't bring back my daughter. . ." the owl spoke lowly.

It remained silent for a moment as Blitz rubbed the owl's feathers on his head.

"I'm gonna go make ya some pancakes." Blitz said as he headed off to the kitchen to do so.

Stolas then plopped back into the bed and let out a sigh as he was deep in thought over his owlet.

Once Blitz reached the kitchen, he stumbled onto a hellhound just nonchalantly sitting at the table, which caught him by surprise, "CHRIST ON A STICK, LOONIE!! I THOUGHT YOU WERE BACK AT HOME!"

Loona couldn't help but let out a giggle at her startled father, "Look, I think I may have a way to bring back Octavia." as she held up a tiny jar with a single lavender ash flake inside, "There's spells in the Grimoire, and I'm sure one of them could use this to bring her back!"

"Well then, let's do it!" Blitz spoke eagerly.

The pair then read through the Grimoire at the table and came across just the spell they needed.

"It says we need a sacrifice or an object to sacrifice that's of sentimental value in order for the spell to work. - Why the fuck does just about every damn spell need a sacrifice?!?!" the hellhound spat.

"Well, from the way Stolas has explained the Goetia family line, I am not at all surprised. You got anything?" Blitz said.

Loona paused for a moment as her canine ears drooped for a second, "Well, I'm not about to sacrifice you, so. . ."

"Awww, am I your sentimental object, Looniiiie?" the red being gushed.

"Even though I'm not sure that would even work, yes. Now shut the fuck up and let me think!" Loona snapped.

After several minutes of silent thinking, Blitz came up with an idea.

"Loonie, here." the imp spoke as he handed over his mother's skull pendant.

"Y-You're wanting to. . .- I can't sacrifice this!! This is all you have left of your mom!!" Loona argued.

Blitz simply handed it back, "I know, but Stolas has a real chance here at having his daughter back. And if I can make that happen for him, I will!"

The hellhound let out a sigh, "Okay. . . Then let's head outside and begin."

The pair went into the backyard garden and set everything up as the Grimoire instructed. Loona read the spell aloud and the objects before them began to glow brightly.

Once the glow was gone, Octavia had reappeared before them, alive.

Loona immediately hugged the owlet, just as she hugged her back.

"I'm back. I can't believe it! Thank you, Loona!!" Octavia expressed her gratitude for the hellhound.

"Sorry to break up your 'lil reunion, but someone else who misses you like crazy would like to see you. He's in his room." Blitz spoke up.

The princess then hugged the imp as well, which caught him by surprise, "Thank you for being there for my dad, Blitz." she spoke wholeheartedly.

Blitz then gently hugged her back.

They then headed back inside the palace together.

The owlet made her way to her father's room and quietly opened the door, "Dad. . .?"

The tall owl sprung up as soon as he heard the familiar voice. Once he realized who it was, he immediately ran over and scooped her up off the ground and into a sweet embrace, "OH MY PRECIOUS STARFIRE!~"

"Hehe, I missed you too, dad." the owlet said as she hugged him back.

"B-But how? How are you here?" the prince questioned as he placed her back down.

"Let's just say, the imp loves you more than you think." Octavia answered with a warm smile.

The prince appeared astonished, "Blitzy did this??? But he can't even project a mere light spell."

"No, Loona did the spell. But she wouldn't had been able to if it weren't for Blitz's sacrifice. He gave up his mother's pendant. For you." Via explained.

"H-He did what!?!? But that pendant was so precious to him!! I-It's all he had left of her!!" Stolas panicked.

The princess then took her father's hands, "Yes, but I believe you are more precious to him than a mere pendant, dad. He hates seeing you so sad. He was willing to do whatever it took to see you genuinely happy again."

Stolas's eyes begun to well up.

H-He did that. . . .for me?

-End of part 16