Part 21

The owl began to tremble as he cried. Tears overflowing and falling onto his royal clothes as he sat on the floor.

Blitz rushed out the hospital entrance past Loona. He didn't even head for the van. He just kept running.

"Dad!!" Loona called out. Millie hopped out the van and ran after the imp. Loona went back up to the hospital room to see what went down.

"Umm. . .S-Stolas?" Loona spoke with caution as she entered the room.

The prince didn't even notice her come in as he simply continued to sob hard.

Loona couldn't help but feel empathy for the owl as she knelt down before him and gently placed a hand on his forearm, "Hey. . . What happened?"

Stolas quickly rose his head up, now looking face to face with the young hellhound who had a look of sincerity.

"It didn't work, did it. . .?" Loona asked.

Somehow, that question just made the owl all the more emotional as he began to cry hard once again, placing his feathered face into his hands as the hellhound did her best to comfort him.

After a while of running, Millie finally managed to catch up to Blitz by grabbing him by the tail, "Blitz!! What the heck is goin' on??? You can't just run off like that without sayin' anythin'."

Blitz didn't date turn around as he just collapsed to his knees and began to cry quietly, "I. . . I d-don't know what's wr-wrong with me. . . I-I have all these blurry m-memories an-and feelings, but. . .i-it all feels unkn-nown t-to me. . ."

Millie then sat down beside him and pulled him close, "Shhh. . . It'll be okay, sweetheart. . ." she spoke softly.

Blitz then wrapped his arms around her waist and wholeheartedly sobbed in her lap. She stayed there with him the whole time.

Sometime later, Loona called Octavia and had her come get her father and tend to him.

Once the owls got back to the palace, Stolas appeared ashamed, "Via, I'm. . .so sorry you had to see me in such a way. You shouldn't-"

"Dad." the young owlet cut him off, "It's okay. You don't need to apologize to me for that." she then took him by the hand, "I know I'm your kid, but that doesn't mean you need to hide away your emotions from me. I know you're hurting. Loona explained everything. It's alright to express what you're feeling around me. I don't want you to have to bottle it all up, and be alone."

A tear escaped the tall owl's eye as he listened closely to his daughter's every word, "Thank you, Starfire. . ."

Even with his daughter's encouragement, he still found it difficult to rawly open up to her.

Once nightfall came, and it was time for bed, Stolas stayed up late in his room while Octavia was fast asleep in hers.

Stolas lyed in his bed in silence as he scrolled through his photos on his phone of him and Blitz. Most of them, Blitz was completely unaware of a photo even being taken in the moment.

Is this all I'll have left of him now. . . ?

Stolas silently cried himself to sleep that night.

A few weeks went by since that day. Stolas and Blitz never spoke again.

Stolas went about his royal life, but struggled with his emotions more than ever. He longed to feel Blitz just hold him one final time.

Blitz went back to work, but things weren't exactly back to as they were before.

"Sir!! The fuck are you doing??? That amo goes in THIS gun!" Moxxie corrected.