Part 14

Octavia had been struck to the chest by the celestial bullet.

"VIA!? - N-No. . . Nonononono. . . Octavia!" the owl cried as he caressed his owlet in his arms, "W-Wake up. . .please wake up. . ." he pleaded.

But it was too late. Octavia was gone.

Stolas then swiftly shifted into his full demonic form and let out a loud caw-like screech as he lied his owlet's lifeless body on the ground.

The screech was so ear piercing specifically for his enemies, that their ears began to drip blood.

The Goetia prince lost control.

He caused chaos amongst Crimson and his crew, and personally finished them off to a very gory degree.

Stella managed to flee the scene.

During the chaos, Octavia's body faded into lavender dust in thin air.

Fortunately, for Blitz, he finally managed to break free from his restraints, "Stolas!!" the imp called out, "Stolas! They're dead! You can stop now! It's over!" he tried talking the demonic owl down.

Stolas only screeched once more, but not as an attack maneuver. More as a mourning sort of screech.

Mourning the loss of his dear owlet.

His full demonic form only grew larger.

He wasn't able to control himself any longer. He had been holding everything inside for too long. And it was finally overflowing out of him.

"Stolas, please! Listen to me!" the imp cried out, "I know you're upset. I know you're angrier than you've ever been in your life, but you have to calm down now. I'm not telling you to stop feeling what you're feeling, but you can't continue to go through the motions in your full form! Come back to me, birdy." Blitz pleaded as he knelt down before the massive demonic owl.

The demonic owl crouched down to the little imp, and softly nuzzled him in a loving manner.

Blitz couldn't help but smile warmly as he placed his hands onto the demonic being, "There's my pretty bird." as he rubbed the owl's head tenderly.

Stolas then shifted back to his usual form and collapsed into the imp's arms, "I'm sorry, Blitzy. . . I lost control. . ." he spoke weakly as he sobbed.

The imp's heart ached for his lovebird as he pulled him close, "No, don't you dare apologize. You had EVERY right! I'm just glad you're okay. . . When. . ." Blitz stumbled for a moment, "Wh-When Octavia told me about the letter, I-I thought I was going to lose you for good. I don't ever want to lose you, Stolas. I can't. . ." he spoke wholeheartedly.

"I love you, Blitz. . . But, I-I don't know how I can go on. . .without Octavia. . ." Stolas admitted as he continued to cry.

Blitz subtly tightend his grip on the the heartbroken owl, "I know. . ." he said lowly, only able to think of the worst possible thing that could happen later on.

He couldn't bear the thought.

Loona was standing on the sidelines as she painfully watched it all go down.

Her heart broke for the loss of her friend. In fact, they had become as close as sisters.

The loss of Octavia triggered some past trauma for Loona as she huddled up into the nearest corner and broke down completely.

Her ears drooped as her tail wrapped around her body snuggly as she trembled with flashbacks replaying in her mind.

Blitz finally overheard his Loonie whimpering in the far off corner, "Oh. . .Loonie. . . - Stolas, will you be okay if I. . .?" he asked the partially calmed down owl.

"Of course, go. I'll be fine, darling." Stolas answered honestly as he dried his tears.

The imp kissed the prince's cheek before going to tend to his sobbing hellhound.

"Loonie. . ." Blitz said tenderly as he sat next to his daughter and pulled her close, "It's okay. It'll be alright." he tried reassuring her.

The owl stood up as he observed the ring they were in and the havoc he had spread.

Why did I have to be born a royal. . .
Why couldn't have I just of been born a mere simply imp? Then things would have never gone so terribly wrong. . .

"Hey, Stols." the imp called out.

Stolas shook away his thoughts, "Yes, Blitzy?" he spoke softly.

"Do ya think you could open up a portal home for Loonie and I?" Blitz requested politely as he held his beloved hellhound daughter.

"Of course, darling." as the prince did just as asked and opened up a portal right in front of Blitz's apartment building, "If either of you need anything, I'm just a call away." the owl smiled genuinely.

"Thanks, birdy." Blitz said lovingly, "I'll text ya later." as he went through the portal with Loona.

Stolas then opened a separate portal that lead him back to the palace and into his bedroom.

He let out a small sigh as he plopped onto his bed. Once he did, he discovered a picture frame placed where the letter was before. He picked up the frame and quickly realized it was a photo of him and Octavia back when she was little.

Via must've replaced my note with this for me to see. . . Perhaps trying to tell me that she'd always be by my side. But now. . .that's no longer possible. . .

The prince then placed the frame by his bed on the side table before walking up to his vanity to take his medication.

He then sort of stared at his reflection for a moment.

Telling by his expression, you could clearly tell his depression was only continuing to get worse each day.

And endless amount of thoughts and flashbacks gradually rushed over the owl as his stare did not falter. His hands did begin to tremble though, as he clamped his fists.

A small lump forming in his throat. Along with a heavy feeling settling deep within his chest.

"DAMMIT AAAALL!!!!!" Stolas shouted and cried as he completely smashed his vanity mirror with his own hands.

He began to hyperventilate as he fell back onto the floor.

Tears rushed down his face as he struggled to breathe steadily. His trembling only worsend.

I don't think I can do this. . .

- End of part 14