❄️🌕🥀🫐Chapter 11🫐🥀🌕❄️

The leaves of the trees rustled in the wind and made a sound similar to the flowing of water

Larkkit stood there with her eyes closed and let the different scents take effect on her. It was shortly after sunhigh the next day.

In the past, Larkkit used to think that the life in MoonClan was individual and exclusive to it, however, as she was watching the RoseClan cats spending their time, it occurred to her that they were also just normal Clan cats. They share tongues, go on patrols together, care for each other. What a mousebrain I must have been for believing they were different!

Now Larkkit scented the arrival of Amberkit. Silent as always, the golden tabby she-cat trudged away and began grooming her fur.

"Couldn't you sleep too because of the waterfall?" Larkkit wanted to know from her. She wasn't able to sleep for most of the night because of the constant rushing. She didn't even know if she had slept at all.

"I didn't sleep too." Demonstratively, Amberkit curled her mouth into a yawn and shook herself before sitting down and grooming herself.

Great, we'll probably never sleep again! Larkkit rolled her eyes.

Lightshine slid out of the nursery. "Don't worry, at some point you will get used to it, and then you won't ever be able to sleep without the rushing sounds," she purred.

"That's very nice to hear, thanks." Larkkit couldn't help but sound a bit sarcastic. That's a likely story!

"Well, how about you two get acquainted with your new life, now that you're here?" Lightshine suggested as she cautiously lied down to sunbathe in the first rays of daylight. "Look! Mottlepaw and Lakepaw are back from their training. I remember that they were supposed to show you around camp."

Suspiciously, Larkkit peered over to the apprentices' den. "All right," she mewed resignedly, although she would have much rather looked around herself.

"See you later, then!" Lightshine called after them, then Larkkit and Amberkit ran to the apprentices' den.

Lightshine seems to be much friendlier than yesterday, Larkkit realised. But that's probably because we're still new here. Her fur bristled as she began to feel uncomfortable. All of the cats she talked to so far were unusually kind. This didn't fit the stories she had heard about them at all.

At the soft sound of pawsteps, she whirled around and found herself eye to eye with Lakepaw. Before she had the chance to even make a sound, he had already arched his back in hostility. "So you're those 'given away' kits?"