❄️🌕🥀🫐Chapter 16🫐🥀🌕❄️

Reedpaw of all cats! Larkpaw raised her flews in disbelief

Reedpaw of all cats! Larkpaw raised her flews in disbelief. She could only suppress a growl with difficulty. I can't stand her and she can't stand me!

The light brown apprentice stroked around her and then jumped onto a root. "I suggest you stay here, don't move and don't make a sound." Her tone was as poisonous as deathberries. "Then I have a chance of catching something."

Larkpaw felt the fur on her back stand up. "I can't do that! Fernpool rates me!" she protested. "We have to work together." The thought of having to rely on Reedpaw was as inviting as touching mousebile. Still, she realised that she had to do it.

"Who cares?" Reedpaw looked at her paws disdainfully.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Doesn't she want me to pass my training?

With an elegant leap, Reedpaw was at Larkpaw and pushed her against a tree. "You would become like her anyway. Disloyal. Disrespectful. Evil."

Something inside Larkpaw seemed to explode. She hissed and pushed Reedpaw away from her. "Fernpool is none of those things! She's an honourable warrior. You're the one who should be showing her respect."

Was Fernpool around? She had to report back. How could she do that if she wasn't watching her?

"Of course you think so," Reedpaw meowed sardonically. "But she was born during the time of PrickleClan. All cats born during that time can't be trusted. There's bad blood in their veins."

Larkpaw couldn't believe her ears. Until now, she had always thought that PrickleClan had existed much longer ago. And even though Fernpool seemed like an experienced cat to her, her muzzle wasn't white yet and her body was still strong.

"That means absolutely nothing!" Larkpaw contradicted energetically. "Do you even realise that the elders must have lived through this time as well? Do you think that they are also evil?"

Reedpaw stayed quiet.

"It's better if we both go hunting now." Larkpaw huffed. "Or do you want me to tell Flamedash that you insulted your Clanmate?"

"Don't you dare!" Suddenly Reedpaw rushed forward and hit Larkpaw with her claws unsheathed. "No one likes snitches."

Larkpaw's face burnt. She felt the blood dripping down on her whiskers. What have you done?

A growl rose in her throat. "Why did you hurt me?" she screeched shrilly. "That's not what Clanmates are supposed to do."

The expression in Reedpaw's blue eyes was devoid of any remorse. "You will never be my Clanmate," she spat.

"What in StarClan's name happened here?"

Sunbrook showed up behind a bracken. Larkpaw's heart felt like it made multiple rotations. He might have acted like a badgerheart towards Larkpaw and her sister in the past, but surely her own father would stand by her.