❄️🌕🥀🫐Chapter 27🫐🥀🌕❄️

So this is what the LaurelClan camp looks like

Filled with overwhelming awe, Larkpaw couldn't take her eyes off the huge, multi-trunked oak tree in the centre of an almost perfectly crescent-shaped clearing on the shore of a small lake.

At least ten cats could be standing around it and the branches stretched out long and gnarled, forming a kind of roof.

Suddenly Larkpaw felt a light touch on her ear. "Keep your fur smooth and don't attract any negative attention," Dawnbreeze whispered.

Larkpaw nodded obediently. She had nothing else in mind.

It seemed that Gooseleap had heard her, because he added, "Even if they seem generous, they are very proud and resentful. So don't do anything that might offend them."

Larkpaw didn't doubt his words. The brown and white tom was one of the oldest warriors in RoseClan. So he must have enough experience with the other Clans.

A quick glance over to a group of three LaurelClan cats that had settled down next to a stunted hazel bush was enough for Larkpaw to know that she should behave as if she were standing on a thin layer of ice.

They look like they think we're here to take up their camp. Larkpaw was frightened by the cold expression in the eyes of the LaurelClan cats. Even on the way there, she had always felt the suspicious glances at her back.

Eveningstar and Redleaf trotted between two spreading fern fronds. Larkpaw flinched involuntarily when she saw that the LaurelClan leader had to be supported by her deputy. Her muzzle had grown more white hair and her green eyes looked empty, as if she wasn't really present.

How old did she have to be now? It was obvious that this she-cat had already experienced countless leaf-changes.

The grey-blue she-cat's nose twitched. "RoseClan cats? I can guess why you've come all this way," she murmured in a sharp voice.

"We would like to ask you to give us some of your supply of medicinal plants," Gooseleap explained. It hadn't escaped Larkpaw's notice that he looked nervous.

At first, Eveningstar showed no reaction. She just stood there and stared past Gooseleap. When she said something again, Larkpaw's blood froze in her veins.

"No." It was a simple word and yet it triggered so much anger and confusion in Larkpaw that her fur began to prickle.

There is no reason for Eveningstar to deny us herbs! They have everything in abundance anyway.

Then a blow to her ear snapped her out of her thoughts. Dawnbreeze hissed with narrowed eyes. "Keep your fur flat! Eveningstar is already irritated enough."

Now filled with shame, Larkpaw took a deep breath and struggled to adopt a relaxed posture. Nevertheless, she was still upset about Eveningstar's unfriendliness.