❗️Subranks: explanation❗️

There are four specific subranks of the rank of the warriors: Hunters' Circle, Battle Strategists, Herb Cats and Nursery Helpers. They exist since the leadership of Smokestar, the fifth leader of LaurelClan and also the one who developed the concept of those subranks together with his Clan. His goal was to support the cats' strongest abilities more and to incorporate them into the Clan life to strengthen them.

Every cat can normally choose every subrank, given that they have been a warrior for at least three days and know that they are ready for those tasks. Many cats choose already in their apprenticeship what subrank they want to belong to. Each subrank has a leader, called cat-in-command (she-cat-in-command/tom-in-command). To become cat-in-command, a cat has to belong to the subranks for at least four leaf-changes and the other cats must agree to that. A cat-in-command can retire at any time.

Hunters' Circle: Those cats are sometimes called hunters. They are known to be extremely good in catching prey in any situation and they are often part of hunting patrols. During the hunting trials of the apprentices, at least one hunter tests them. They also think of new hunting techniques in tough situations.

Battle Strategists: Sometimes referred to as fighters. Those cats discuss together with their leader and deputy plans for potential attacks. During the fighting trials of the apprentices, at least one battle strategist tests them.

Herb Cats: Often cats that can't decide whether they want to be a medicine cat or a warrior. They have all the duties of a warrior, but occasionally help out in the medicine cat's den and take care of the Clan when the medicine cat is at the half moon meeting.

Nursery Helpers: Mostly she-cats who support especially the younger queens with their litters. To become a nursery helper, a cat must normally have raised at least one litter, although exceptions can be made. Many cats who feel too old to be warriors but do not yet want to move to the elders' den become nursery helpers.

Warriors' Council: the cats-in-command of all the subranks. They have a similar authority like the deputy.