Chapter One

"You're not picking Basic Instinct."

《~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~》

Tuesday, September 24th, 1996

Woodsboro, California, U.S.A.

Morrison Residence

In her room, [Name] darts back and forth from her desk to her bed where her backpack is, gathering her schoolbooks which she forgot to put back last night

“[Name], are you almost done?” the sound of her mother rings throughout the house.

“Almost!” she shouts, stuffing the last remaining books into the bag. After a quick scan around the room, she grabs her jacket and keys. Once she successfully grabs everything, she goes downstairs and sees her parents placing their bags in the entrance hall.

“Do you have your keys?” her mother asks as she places her suitcase beside the other bags.

“Yes.”

“Did you double-check?”

“Even better, I triple-checked,” [Name] says as she jingles her keys.

“Alright,” her mom lets out a sigh of relief. “Your dad and I won’t be back until Sunday, are you sure you’re fine here by yourselves?”

“Mom, we’ve been fine here by ourselves nearly a hundred times. You don’t need to worry.”

“I know… But can you blame me for being worried? For all I know, the house could be destroyed by the time we come back.”

[Name] brings her hand to her chest and gasps jokingly, “Are you underestimating my ability to function here without adult supervision?”

“You never know.”

“Rude,” [Name] scowls. “But seriously, me and Michael will be fine. Just enjoy your anniversary vacation.”

“But what if –”

“Honey,” her dad walks in and interjects, “They’re going to be fine. We’ve left them alone before. Hell, we leave them alone most days anyways due to the hospital.”

Her mother glares lightly at him, “That’s different, James. We’re in the same town when we leave for work. This time we’re going to be in Italy for God’s sake.”

“If anything happens, I’ll call you, I promise. Plus, we have Officer Douche here if anything happens,” [Name] reassures.

Her dad chuckles at the name chosen for Dewey Riley while her mother glares.

“Quit calling him that, I thought I taught you better,” she scolds.