Chapter 4

Delhi 9:00 am

"Aaru jaldi kar internship ke pehle din hi kate hona hai kya tna kya nervous ho rahi hai mai neeche car nikal rahi hoon mujhe 5 min me gate pe nahi mili to yahin chhod jaaungi"

Aaru's pov-  Yaar first day hai aaj and pata nahi mai itni messy si kyu lagti hoon humesha she whined looking at her hair which are just fine but she is feeling self conscious

She locked the apparentment and strolled towards building gate where Tulika was waiting for her, and then they zoomed out to their new office

As they entered and told receptionist that they are the new interns she dialed a number and a lady cladded in proper professional attire came to them with a minimal smile and receptionist told them that she will assist them in onboarding and and after 30 mins all the interns will be addressed by Mr. Abhimaan Kapoor

They were provided with their Id cards and some goodies, and after that, all the interns were sitting in the lounge area

Soon, the door opened, and Abhimaan entered, followed by a few other employees

He was busy on the phone, and everyone wished him to which he slightly nodded with a tight-lipped smile and ended the call in 2 to 3 minutes

And He started Hello interns so excited for your new jouney?
to which everyone replied Yes sir!!

"Great but ket me tell you this journalism is not an easy job specifically here in my media house where we do hard core journalism plus your training is going to be a harsh one because as we say the more the pressure is applied more shiny is the diamond so let me tell you you guys 16 in number and will be divided in teams there will be 4 teams with 4 members in each and it will be made on basis of your rank in the tasks which were assigned to you in the selection process teams will work inder different leaders in my team I need all the first rankers from all the four colleges because I don't have time to assist you all like toddlers and all the second rankers will work under the COO Rehan Sharma third rankers will be under miss Mukta Gupta and fourth rankers will be under mr. Parth Singh.

Am I clear??

"Yes, sir."

Good

So all interns under me meet me in my cabin in an hour after my meeting. I'll assign you guys your first taks

The rest of you coordinate with your team leader.

Until then, Miss Teena will give you all an office tour to get familiar with this office and all your seniors and colleagues.
With this, he moved out from the lounge area and kept his hand on his heart, which was thumping loudly all this while because he obviously noticed her and at her first sight he felt little light so to avoid any unwanted situation he avoided eye contact with her at all costs.

After relaxing a bit, he strolled to conference room for the meeting, oblivious to the fact ki unknowingly, he took her in his team.

There her condition was laughable after office tour there was half an hour left for briefing meet with Abhimaan so she and Tulika decided to grab some coffee but Aradhyaa being Aradhyaa was marching from left to right like a pendulum murmuring something and Tulika was looking at her while sipping her cold coffee with a confused expression.

"Bataegi hua kya hai yaa yun hi pendulum ki tarah ghoomte rehna hai?"

"Yaar mai unki team me hoon mai bohot excited hoon but usse zyada nervous uoar se aaj poora time mai unko dekh rahi thi and vo bhi sabki taraf dekh rahe but mujhe to fungi ki tarah avoid kar diya mujhe cry aa raha hai meri to zindagi hi melodramatic ho gayi hai"

"Pagal hai kya time to de feelings hain maagie nahi jo usko 2 min me aa jaae"
And rolled her eyes

"Waah Ikaa itna samajhdaar kab ho gayi tu he said dramatically just like how they say in 80s bollywood movies and then she place imaginary kaala tika behind her ear and wiped her fake tears kitni pyaari bacchi hai ab teri shaadi kara deti hoon"

Tulika rolled her eyes and slapped her hands away with a light chuckle and said
" jis speed se tu apni love story chala rahi hai mujhe to lag raha hai ki mai mere dulhe ka muh dekhne se pehle tere baccho ka muh dekh lungi" and both girls burst into laughters

Everyone gave them a weird look whuch they were least bothered about when she looked at her watch she gasped she was already 5 mins late for briefing and gave a quick hug to ikaa she muttered bye and ran towards Abhi's cabin.

And she entered without knocking or asking for permission she was huffing so badly, like she has been thirsty for years

Everyone was disturbed with sudden disturbance and looked at her with horrified expressions while Abhimaan was in daze she calmed herself a bit, walked in and gave a nervous smile to everyone.

Which took out Abhimaan from his dazed state and he was angry on himself for some reason (because zoning out is not his thing)
So anger bubbled up in him and he shouted

"Is this the way to behave on the furst day of internship in the most respected media house ifcthe nation miss?

I despise every person who doesn't take profession of journalism seriously, You are topper right? This is what you learnt in all these years of professional course I expected better from the people I selected but I guess my judges this time wasn't on point.

If you are this careless I don't think you should persue this profession in any media house let alone mine"

Hearing all these harsh words from him her heart wrecked and tears pooled in her eyes and looked at floor to avoid his heated angry gaze.

He continued his rant.

After a min she sniffed to co trol her sobs which alerted him nd he stopped after 10 secs of silence she looked up and he was shocked to look at her teary read eyes which she tried to hide in which she failed miserably.

He felt guilty and said ok that's enough come and you have 2 mins catch up with your team mates and then I'll give further instructions and after that you guys can continue with your today's task hurry up!

And sat on his chair and faced a tsunami of thoughts like why he felt after seeing her crying like it's obviously not the her furst time of him shouting and definitely not the first time of anyone crying because of his rude behavior but why her tears affected him this bad.

His chain of thoughts was broken by an intern calling him and he started briefing them again all this while she was sniffing time to time which he kind of noticed but ignored and continued after getting done with briefing all of the interns dispersed all the interns which were in Abhimaan's team were having their cubicle right in front of his cabin and he was able to look at all of them he again saw her sobbing but still doing her work with full concentration he felt bad.

He dialed on his landline and called his pa

"Yes sir?"

" umm actually I want to give all the interns a welcome hamper which includes chocolates, candies, scented candles or whatever girls like"

He said in flow but soon realized seeing his P.a's scowl and then stuttered " I ..I....I mean whatever youngsters like I mean they are still in college right so yeah and gave a nervous look"

But masked it with serious one get this done asap

And after 30 minutes welcome hampers were distributed to all the interns and everyone was happy as soon as Aradhyaa received hamper her sad face turned to smiling one and she felt instantly good and grabbed chocolate and stated devouring it happily as per habit since childhood whenever she gets upset she eats lots of chocolate which somehow lifts up her mood

Seeing her happy he sighed in relief and sat on his chair resting his head on table and thought what's wrong with me I shouldn't be doing this this is not me this was the last time I did something out of my way for her but why ummmmmmmm. Of course because It was her first day and sad hoti to kaam nahi karti dhang and I can't risk my work yeah yeaah this is the reason.

Guys please vote and promote the book.

Please comment and share your views