Chapter 12

**Aradhyaa's Struggle and Abhimaan's Realization:**

Aradhyaa had accepted Abhimaan's decision to maintain a professional relationship, though her heart remained shattered. She couldn't help but hold on to her feelings for him. A new guy named Daksh had joined her team, and he seemed eager to befriend her. Aradhyaa appreciated the support and reached out to Daksh as a friend. Abhimaan, however, noticed Daksh's attempts to get closer to Aradhyaa, and it irritated him, although he couldn't express his feelings.

To maintain distance, Abhimaan had taken to overloading Aradhyaa with work, burdening her with long hours and tight deadlines, hoping to limit her interactions with Daksh. Aradhyaa, dedicated and passionate about her work, endured the heavy workload even to the extent of skipping meals. She often found herself working late into the night to meet these deadlines, determined to excel in her career.

Abhimaan, who had once been her source of inspiration, had now become the source of her heartache. The unspoken attraction and affection she felt for him had taken a toll on her well-being. Each time she admired him from a distance, her heart ached, and she yearned for his acknowledgment.

Abhimaan, on the other hand, was caught in a whirlwind of emotions. He found himself simultaneously drawn to Aradhyaa and repelled by the romantic possibilities their relationship held. His past experiences had made him guarded, with walls built high around his heart. His professional life had been marked by years of dedication to a job that exposed him to the darkest aspects of society, leaving deep scars on his psyche. The trauma he had witnessed in his work had conditioned him to keep his emotions in check and maintain a stoic facade.

On a personal front, he had experienced the agony of a failed relationship, marked by the betrayal of his partner and best friend. That emotional betrayal had shattered his trust in people, leading him to believe that emotional connections were fragile and prone to end in pain. These traumas and past experiences had molded him into the guarded and grumpy man he had become.

Despite these internal struggles, Abhimaan's admiration for Aradhyaa's dedication and capabilities was undeniable. He had started to see her as more than just an intern.

There was a connection between them, an unspoken chemistry that was difficult to ignore. Abhimaan was torn between his attraction to Aradhyaa and his fear of getting involved in a relationship that could ultimately lead to more heartache.

Days turned into weeks, and the workplace dynamic remained tense. The longing between Abhimaan and Aradhyaa lingered, unspoken but palpable. Aradhyaa, even in her weakened state, continued to hold a deep admiration for Abhimaan. She had accepted the professional distance he had imposed, but her heart still yearned for more.

One fateful afternoon, as Aradhyaa was engrossed in her work, her head began to spin. She had skipped another meal, and the weakness had taken its toll. She felt a sudden dizziness and couldn't hold her composure any longer. She blacked out at her desk, falling unconscious.

Abhimaan, who had noticed her weakening condition, was alarmed. He rushed to her side, panic in his eyes. Without hesitation, he called a team of doctors to assess her health. He carefully scooped her into his arms and carried her to the couch in his cabin, laying her down gently.

The team of doctors arrived and began examining Aradhyaa. They found that she had been skipping meals regularly, leaving her severely weak. They administered some supplements and treatments to help her regain her strength before departing.

As the doctors left, Abhimaan slumped into his chair, guilt weighing heavily on him. He had watched Aradhyaa push herself to the brink, but he had been oblivious to the extent of her dedication and suffering. It was a guilt that gnawed at him, knowing that his actions had contributed to her condition.